TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted drive. On-the-fly encryption means that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password or correct encryption key. Until decrypted, a TrueCrypt volume appears to be nothing more than a series of random numbers. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents of every file, and free space).
- You can unofficially stream 'Beats 1' on any device in Front Page News
- New Gaming rig in Hardware Hangout
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Bluetooth issues in Hardware Hangout
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Need Help - Gaming PC: Should I upgrade or wait? in Hardware Hangout
- Test Pilot Admits the F-35 Can’t Dogfight in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.