TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted drive. On-the-fly encryption means that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password or correct encryption key. Until decrypted, a TrueCrypt volume appears to be nothing more than a series of random numbers. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents of every file, and free space).
- HP continues to follow in Surface's footsteps with the Spectre x2 in Front Page News
- Open-air funeral pyre legality in General Discussion
- Spec Showdown: Surface Book vs MacBook Pro vs Dell XPS 13 in Front Page News
- 11-year-old charged with murdering 8-year-old after argument about puppies in Real World News
- 'At least 10 killed' in college shooting in Oregon in Real World Issues
- Surface Pro 4 excites but leaves room for improvement in Front Page News
- GOM Player 22.214.171.12431 in Front Page News
- Halo 5: Guardians has gone gold in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.