TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted drive. On-the-fly encryption means that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password or correct encryption key. Until decrypted, a TrueCrypt volume appears to be nothing more than a series of random numbers. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents of every file, and free space).
- What is neowin.net and why is my computer sending HTTP POST messages to neowin.net/spy? in Introduce Yourself
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Windows 9 teased by Microsoft China; confirms name in the process in Front Page News
- Saints Row Writer Accepts Anita Sarkeesian's Critique of His Games in Gamers' Hangout
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Titanfall in Gamers' Hangout
- Dozens of fake cell phone towers discovered eavesdropping on Android devices in Front Page News
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.