TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted drive. On-the-fly encryption means that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password or correct encryption key. Until decrypted, a TrueCrypt volume appears to be nothing more than a series of random numbers. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents of every file, and free space).
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
- Lumia 950XL: A first look at Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile 5.7-inch flagship in Front Page News
- University Students Comforted with Counseling after Seeing Confederate Flag on Laptop in Real World Issues
- Alleged renders of the cancelled Nokia/Microsoft Mercury surface online in Front Page News
- windows 7 ultimate windows update fails in Microsoft Windows Support
- Discuss: As its general release approaches, what do you think of Windows 10 Mobile? in Front Page News
- Anyone have the Windows 10 November update uninstall any of your programs? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Pirates release 4K content from Netflix and Amazon in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.