TrueCrypt is a software system for establishing and maintaining an on-the-fly-encrypted drive. On-the-fly encryption means that data are automatically encrypted or decrypted right before they are loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password or correct encryption key. Until decrypted, a TrueCrypt volume appears to be nothing more than a series of random numbers. The entire file system is encrypted (i.e., file names, folder names, contents of every file, and free space).
- Surface 3 or iPad Air 2 in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Pentagon accidentally sent live anthrax samples to labs via FedEx in Real World News
- Putin just made Russian casualties in Ukraine officially secret in Real World Issues
- Apple Releases New 15-Inch MacBook Pro With Force Touch and $1,999 27-Inch iMac With Retina Dis in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.