VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
What's new in this version:
- Added Xbox 360 preset, thanks to Relhak.
- Added Spanish translation, thanks to fantasmanegro.
- Added Basque translation, thanks to azpidatziak.
- Fixed behavior of custom anamorphic auto display width and max width/height.
- Fixed double-logging on local encodes.
- Fixed remote encoder not using libdvdnav even when enabled, which had caused some problems with multi-angle DVDs.