Our Most Significant Desktop Software Release in the Company's History Includes Full Support for Microsoft Windows XP
VMware Workstation 3.0 delivers significant performance and usability improvements over previous releases, dramatically expanding the utility and value of virtualization software for desktop computers. VMware Workstation 3.0 is available in two versions, one for systems running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP and one for systems running Linux. Both versions support a wide range of guest operating systems running in virtual machines.
"Workstation 3.0 is our most powerful and comprehensive desktop software release ever," said Diane Greene, co-founder, president and CEO of VMware. "It's faster, easier to use and supports a wide range of peripheral devices. The result of 2.5 years of experience with hundreds of thousands of users, Workstation 3.0 is a compelling, must-have product for power developers and other technical professionals."
- Support for Host OS support includes Windows XP Home/Professional and newer Linux Distro's running 2.4.7 kernel.
- Support for Guest OS support incudes Windows ME, Windows XP Home/Pro and new Linux Distro's
- Support for new Devices :- USB, DVD-ROM, CD-R/RW, CD-ROM ISO, Generic SCSI device support -- makes devices available directly to the guest OS
- Large virtual disk support, now up to 128 GB per IDE virtual disk and 256 GB per SCSI virtual disk
- Improved CPU, networking, disk and interactive performance
- Completely new Windows style user interface (Windows host version)
- Built-in NAT (Network Address Translation) for easy connection to networks
- More flexible and easier to configure virtual networking Improved support for laptops
This is BETA software!, please use caution when installing it on your system.