Waterfox | The fastest 64-Bit variant of Firefox!
Waterfox is a 64-Bit version of Firefox. The Firefox source code is taken and compiled to run specifically for 64-Bit Windows computers. To make Waterfox stand out a bit more, it’s compiled with optimizations so that it will run more efficiently and faster than just compiling Firefox as a 64-Bit program. For some people with older systems, the 64-Bit version loads quicker and is much more responsive than the 32-Bit build.
How does it compare to 32-Bit Firefox?
In benchmarks, the 64-Bit variant of Firefox out-performs the 32-Bit variant. Also because this variant is being built specifically for Windows, there might be further performance increases.
Were there any optimisations made?
Yes, Waterfox was compiled with SSE, SSE2, x64 favoring and the following optimisation flags: /Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy
What's New in Waterfox?
- Compiled with Profile-Guided Optimization
- Working automatic updater
- Digitally signed executables
- Compiled with the following flags: /O3 /QaxAVX /arch:SSE3 /Qparallel /fp:precise /Oi- /w
- A brand new installer
- Support for Windows XP x64
What's New in Firefox?
- Google searches now utilize HTTPS
- The Awesome Bar now auto-completes typed URLs
- Improved site identity manager, to prevent spoofing of an SSL connection with favicons
- Pointer Lock API implemented
- New API to prevent your display from sleeping
- New text-transform and font-variant CSS improvements for Turkic languages and Greek
- Various security fixes
- GIF animation can gets stuck when src and image size are changed (743598)
- OS X: nsCocoaWindow::ConstrainPosition uses wrong screen in multi-display setup (752149)
Note: Make sure to uninstall any previous versions of Waterfox before installing Waterfox 14. Make sure to NOT tick the Remove profile data box!
Waterfox 14.0.2 is available for download.