Winamp is more than just a player. It's your window to the multimedia world. From MP3s to streaming video, Winamp is the one place you go to feed your audio/video habit.
Winamp is designed to get you up and running quickly with one-click buttons to import your library from iTunes or from the Mac OS default music folder. If you select the "Keep Updated" option, Winamp will check for changes and add new tracks and playlists every time you restart the application. In the Preferences menu you can add specific folders to "watch" for music added to your Mac desktop, called "Watch Folders". Currently, Watch Folders are only supported on HFS formatted drives. Winamp also supports moving tracks and playlist from your phone to your Mac desktop and you can set the default transfer folder for that as well. All of these features make it really easy and powerful to keep your Winamp library in sync and up to date.
Winamp for Mac Sync provides a straightforward solution for syncing and transferring your music library to your phone. Connect your phone and your Mac desktop to the same WiFi network and you will see your device pop up under the "Devices" node in the nav (make sure you have enabled Wireless Sync in Winamp for Android). Click on the Device name and confirm the simple pairing request on your phone. You only need to do this once and then Winamp will always remember your device. You can set it up to sync your entire library or specific playlists.
What’s new in Winamp for Mac Sync 0.7.3.54 Beta
- Playback Queue Window
- Drag and drop functionality
- Application auto-update
- Multiple application channels: Release and Beta channels available in About Winamp window
- Growl notifications for current playing track and track change
- Contextual in-app alerts when tracks are added to Music Library or a connected device
- Additional keyboard shortcuts
- Support for non-HFS drives as watch folders
- Support for non-standard iTunes library paths as watch folders
- Transfer queue and history moved to Device detail page
- Transfers won't work on device connection termination until app restart
- Tracks longer than one hour show incorrect time in metadata
- Crash due to issues with media metadata querying
- Assorted bugs
Download Winamp for Mac Sync Beta. Sync and manage your iTunes library on your Android device seamlessly from your Mac.