WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.61. It brings following changes:
- When WinSCP fails to get a response from Pageant, it logs the fact.
- Bug fix: Workaround for some servers blithely responding to firstname.lastname@example.org with SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS despite probably having no idea what it means. winadj-success
- Bug fix: Pageant authentication was not working.
* The command list -a is stopped being used when returned listing is empty.
* Using HTTP/1.1 when checking for application updates.
* Bug fix: Unwanted auto-completion in comboboxes when resizing the window.
* Bug fix: Arguments (passwords in particular) passed to PuTTY were not escaped correctly.
* Bug fix: Special permissions were not preserved correctly in configuration.
* Bug fix: Another invalid timezone shifting of file timestamps with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: Failure when connection closes with FTP protocol.
* Bug fix: WinSCP was hanging when FTP directory listing connection was closed without response to LIST command.
* Bug fix: Slow startup when there are disconnected network drives.
* Bug fix: Notification balloon was displayed after finishing of every queue task.
* Bug fix: No fallback to IPv4 with SSH.