Windows 10 upgrade not recognizing Nvidia GTX 760

The last of my PCs to get the upgrade to Windows 10 is my desktop with an integrated Intel HD chip and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760.  It was running Windows 8.1 just fine, but after the Win10 upgrade finished, control panel shows a yellow caution symbol by the GTX 760 display adapter and says the device is not working properly.  I've tried installing Nvidia's Windows 10 driver for this card, but the driver install fails.  Any suggestions?  Desktop specs are in my signature; bios is the latest one Dell has on their website.  Thanks.

I had a similar issue with my 560 GTX card, it installed a Microsoft Generic Adapter driver, and upon reboot it showed Nvidia 560 GTX with a yellow exclamation mark, but after another reboot it installed the driver properly. You might have to open action center sidebar and click on "Finish installing hardware drivers". I downloaded the latest WHQL drivers but didn't need to use them in the end.

I had somewhat similar issues with my GTX 550 Ti.  After a clean installation from USB, and a couple of restarts, I looked in my Windows Update installation history and saw that the Nvidia driver update failed. (Interesting and annoying sidenote here: as far as I can tell, if a driver update via Windows Update fails, they give you no way of restarting that failed update. Grrr.)  I looked in Programs and Features to see if the expected NVidia Graphics Driver, 3d Vision Driver, etc. were listed there, and they were not.  However, Device Manager did show that I had a working GTX 550 Ti under the Display Adapters section.  I eventually went to the Nvidia site, got the latest driver and ran the install, which worked for me.  If the suggestion above doesn't work out, you might also try going in to Device Manager and uninstalling the card completely, selecting the option to delete any driver files, then reboot and allow Windows to pull a driver from its Update servers.

I have an ancient AMD 4850 card. Windows 10 did not detect it even after reinstalling the latest drivers. Device Manager showed Microsoft Display Driver or something. I deleted the device in Device Manager, then chose 'Scan for hardware changes' in Action menu. Upon doing so Windows 10 finally detected the AMD card and my display went back to 1920x1080. But i spent a good 20-30 minutes on this issue before it was resolved.

BTW, I find that some settings look blurred. For ex take a look at the attached Device Manager settings. Anybody know the reason? Even Computer Management screen looks the same.

device manager.jpg

Thanks all....after the 2nd reboot the system "found" the Nvidia card and installed the proper driver...I updated the driver to the lastest Win10 version from Nvidia and all is good to go.