Microsoft account problems on Windows 10

Hi guys.

I've upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 without any issue. But after the upgrade I'm having some issues with the Windows Store. everytime that I try to download or install an App I received the error 0x80070002.

After searching the web I found out that the only solution in place is to use a Local account instead of the Microsoft account for the login or create a new Microsoft account.

I'd never used a Microsoft account for login until Windows 10 and I don't have a problem using a local account except that I couldn't find an option to ADD the Microsoft account for Cortana, Windows update, Windows insider and so on without using the account for the login too.

So, does someone knows if there's a way to add the Microsoft account for those services without using it for the login process. Or if exist a way to fix that nasty Windows Store error without reinstalling or reseting the PC?

Note: the error 0x80070002 has been seen since the days of Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 upgrade and I don't even know how Microsoft doesn't fix the issue. I had done almost every recommendation that I found out to fix this issue like reset the cache for the Windows Store, and SFC scan, use a Microsoft tool but designed for previous versions of Windows and maybe something else, but the only thing that had work was signing with a local account to the PC.

Regards

same here.....  try to sign in with a local account instead maybe

I had same issue with Windows 8.1 before too.

same here.....  try to sign in with a local account instead maybe

I had same issue with Windows 8.1 before too.

That's what I did, but on W10 I need the sign in with a Microsoft account for Windows Update, Insider and Cortana, so I'm looking for a way to sign locally while keep those services.

• 1 month later...

That's what I did, but on W10 I need the sign in with a Microsoft account for Windows Update, Insider and Cortana, so I'm looking for a way to sign locally while keep those services.

please watch this video. I tested it and I restart the computer, and it worked very well, so I can use Windows service again. :) you will try that one.

Did you go into the settings and confirm your MS account there? You have to reenter your password from time to time to reauthenticate you 

Guys, this was by design. Soon Microsoft will release an update will let you use a local account for Cortana and other online services. Already in place in build 10547 (o 558?), well anyways, I'm using the MS account so all solved if you ask me.