Do you have to have internet for Xbox One?

I'm sure games will play fine with single player, saving that they have that, but generally yes, you'll want a Internet connection.

You don't to play single player stuff I don't think, however getting updates for games is going to be hard if you don't have some form of internet connection.

You can at least get offline system updates

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-21-how-to-update-xbox-one-without-connecting-it-to-the-internet

But yeh game updates is going to be impossible and the amount of games that have day 1 patches you really are going to want to have it on the internet, or at least the ability to connect up update and then take it back off.

Out of pure interest you are you wanting to have it offline? you obviously have internet in some form to post on Neowin, so I assume it's not out of inability to connect it.

Depends on the game itself.

Some won't do anything without an internet connection, and some require a Live subscription to even be able to do anything.

I wasn't very impressed with that.

The new Need For Speed by default requires online access, which I was ###### about at first, especially when I lost internet connection, the game would stop.

Was weeks later that I found the option in settings to play alone with no online players, but I didn't try it without internet connection.

Titanfall wouldn't even start without a Live subscription, so I paid for one, only to find that it is strictly online multiplayer, which I dont do anyways.

What I'm saying I guess, is read up on the games you want and find out what they require, etc. etc.

Oh right, like someone else mentioned, you would need internet to get the game updates, cuz every game you insert, needs a huge update. Then when MS pushes out an OS upgrade, each game requires a big update again. Annoying really.

You need an internet connection to first set the console up (or did when it launched anyway) after that you can play offline.

Same games are online only though such as Destiny and Titanfall. Most games do work perfectly fine offline and should say if there online only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2016 at 8:23 PM, LUTZIFER said:

Then when MS pushes out an OS upgrade, each game requires a big update again. Annoying really.

This is not true.

• 2 weeks later...