Photo Negative Converter

Has anyone ever dealt with one of these?

I have a bunch of negatives, which would be nice to convert to digital.  Some are the standard negatives from old cameras, others come from this:

$_57.JPG

What's the biggest resolution of a negative you can get?

At the moment, I have just taken photos of the photos and they're pretty good after some cropping but if I can get the real thing so to speak...

easy answer, if you go to a shop that knows what it's doing, as big as you want (obviously not billboard size) but easy 12x16inch  heck, ive developed  24*24 out of negative amateurely. You could easily yield  30mp from a negative.

i have a nice flatbed scanner that has a slot for negatives.

they come out WAY better then scanning old photos.  

only minor touch-ups in picasa and they look good.    unlike the scans of old photos that still look dated.

• Like 1

not sure of the resolution.. but it is much higher then you would get scanning printing photos.

and many flatbeds and all-in-ones have negatives feeder

• Like 1

Those aren't a standard negative size, so would more than likely need manual scanning.  The flatbeds that come with negative adapters are geared towards standard camera negatives and auto detect the scan area.  Not sure how much companies charge for this work, but where I work it is around £1 per scan - but it isn't really our business, we are more bulk scanning.  We use an Epson Perfection 4990 which has an optical resolution of 3200dpi I think.

3 minutes ago, Torolol said:

optical analog enlargement process are still offer superior quality than digital scan for photo (negative).

Sounds expensive.

Thanks for the responses.

I'll pop down to my local photo shop and see what they say but it's more than likely when I come to need this, I'll look at buying my own hardware.