Dropping a Xeon X3450 in an HP P6534 with a MS-7613 (IONA GL8E) motherboard

I've had a P6534 with a Core i3 540 running as a media server for a while now.  Due to some extra transcoding issues that sometimes happens, I'm interested to see if a cheap ebay Xeon X3450 (Lynnfield) can run on this PC.  If I go the product support page it lists this as supported:

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

Intel Core i7-8xx (Lynnfield core)

Intel Core i5-7xx (Lynnfield core)

Intel Core i5-6xx (Clarkdale core)

Intel Core i3-5xx (Clarkdale core)

Now, I don't expect an OEM product spec page to say anything about workstation Xeon cpus, but I just wanted to get your guys take on it.  I literally cannot find a single instance online of someone trying a Xeon with a setup similar to this.  There was one with someone who was going to put a X3470 in the same motherboard, but there's never a followup post to say that it worked or not etc.

So what's the consensus on this?  It should work because the X3450 is the right socket and basically the equivalent of a i7-860 with a few differences.

Thanks for the help.

I have found a compatible i5 760 for a reasonable price, but the x3450 is so tempting given it has +1000 passmark and would be a lot better with Plex transcoding.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent news!

I just received my first xeon processor today (X3440 , X3450 coming later) and popped it in... latest p6534f BIOS recognized it straight away.

Booted into Windows 10, processor recognized and no deactivation of W10 license.  CPUMark score went from 2944 with the i3 540 to 4896.

Amazing upgrade for $40cdn free shipping.