Tablet Recommendations

So I'm looking at a new tablet device.

I'm heading out on holiday soon but we only have one at the moment; a Surface RT.

I don't want to spend loads as we'd only be using it to watch videos (including MP4 and MKV files).

While I'd love to play Theme Hospital or Red Alert 2 or whatever, I don't think I can afford a tablet type device that would run those games as I was thinking about another Surface. Our Surface RT is great for watching stuff in bed, but it's so slow and has less than 5GB of spare space.

If we got a slightly more powerful tablet, then we could retire the Surface RT for what I would use the new tablet for, which is movies on long flights. Considering the Surface RT is only worth about £70 these days...

But the RT does the job.

So that's why I thought a cheap android tablet.

Any advice?

There are some affordable Amazon Fire tablets. You didn't say what screen size or actual budget though.

20 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

There are some affordable Amazon Fire tablets. You didn't say what screen size or actual budget though.

True, but most Fire Tablets run like ass with the FireOS. 

Although, if you know how to install CM13..... THEN ... you have a very basic CHEAP ($49) that runs damn good for $49.

Once again, budget and preferred screen size would really be helpful

Budget is under £150 really.

Screen size - at least 10".

Looking at a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3:

Yoga-Tab-3-Header.jpg

While it's not particularly the most attractive, the projector could be useful...  £150 or so from Amazon, so not bad really.

I use a Lenovo - Tab 2 A10-70F. I find it very nice to watch YT vids in bed. Or just simply watch/listen on my tablet when I'm doing things on my main computer.

It's right near your budget of 150 pounds. It's the best budget tablet I could find.

• 5 months later...