Should I stick with 14393 not 14393.3?

I usually don't touch fast ring due to the rough and tumble builds being on a production machine. however, it appears by discussions here on Neowin, 14393 looks to be the RTM build. Though we aren't sure the evidence says to the positive on this.

So this brings me to my question: "would it behoove me to stay on 14393 as opposed to 14393.3?" also, if we are on the anniversary build, 14393, should I stay put and wait for the Anniversay build? in the 14393.3 is out, I'd think it's safe to say my update will be minimal. However the folks who will get 14393.3, From an earlier build 10586 etc, will download a HUGE update build which it took my machine quite sometime to download and install. I'd think people on 14393 will have a shorter download and installation cycle going from 14393 to 14393.3.

would this be a fair guess? also it will help me to prepare my wifes and my daughters systems for a long update process this time.

thanks,

-Chrisj1968

You should get the .3 upgrade.  It's just a cumulative update, not a whole new installation.  It didn't take any time to download and install on my machine.

1 hour ago, devHead said:

You should get the .3 upgrade.  It's just a cumulative update, not a whole new installation.  It didn't take any time to download and install on my machine.

ok, made the leap of faith. I guess I should realize that this being so close to the anniversary build, all rings should be safe for the time being. @ +devHead thanks a lot for giving me the confidence to update.

@+devHead when the Anniversary build does come out, are we already set or will there be an update for us? or are we set already?

16 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

ok, made the leap of faith. I guess I should realize that this being so close to the anniversary build, all rings should be safe for the time being. @ +devHead thanks a lot for giving me the confidence to update.

@+devHead when the Anniversary build does come out, are we already set or will there be an update for us? or are we set already?

I would expect an update or 2.

10 hours ago, chrisj1968 said:

It kind of depends.  The 14393.3 build is being reckoned as RTM, but there's always the possibility that there will be one more, since there hasn't been an official announcement from Microsoft.   I would say that if it is, Insiders wouldn't get anything new necessarily.  But I'm probably going to snag the ISO and do a clean install.

Wait ... what .... err.....I don't even .... why are we even having this discussion...just install the small .3 cumulative update and be done with it.

• Like 2

I always meant to ask this question.  If I'm on the fast ring on my daily machine what happens when the official Anniversary update hits the airways?  Am I looking for trouble?  Currently I'm only on the fast ring under a VM.

3 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

I always meant to ask this question.  If I'm on the fast ring on my daily machine what happens when the official Anniversary update hits the airways?  Am I looking for trouble?  Currently I'm only on the fast ring under a VM.

There may be another CU but it would be nothing to concern yourself with as you are running it on a VM. If you intend on keeping it you may want to move it to your hard drive. It is very stable.

9 hours ago, devHead said:

It kind of depends.  The 14393.3 build is being reckoned as RTM, but there's always the possibility that there will be one more, since there hasn't been an official announcement from Microsoft.   I would say that if it is, Insiders wouldn't get anything new necessarily.  But I'm probably going to snag the ISO and do a clean install.

apparently if my memory serves, there were some minor issues found in 14393. So 14393.3 fixed those flaws, issues, exploits, whatever they were. so 14393.3 should be close to the RTM barring any issues I would think. default_hmm.gif

9 hours ago, devHead said:

14393 is RTM, the 14393.3 is just a tiny cumulative update, is first update to RS1 RTM, and it won't be last.