New gaming computer, recommend me a Keyboard & Mouse

So over the past weekend, I built a brand new gaming box.

Case: Corsair 750D

Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Classified K

Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K OC 4.6GHz (w/Corsair H100i v2)

Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3000

Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB, Silicon Power SSD 240GB, 2x3TB Seagate BarraCudas

Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060

PSU: EVGA 750W 80 Plus Gold

These parts were fairly easy for me to decide on based on the features I wanted. What has clearly become a giant pain is deciding on keyboard and mouse. That sounds ridiculous, I know, but there's so many out there and in terms of gaming keyboards and mice, they're so expensive!

So first, here's a few pictures:

i6700k_upclose_small.jpg

inside_silver_small.jpg

1060_small.jpg

This is the first system I've ever done cable management. In the past, I've been lazy and frankly stupid with my cable management, leaving it a mess. I still have a bit of work on the other side of the case, but on the side of the case that actually matters for airflow, I think I did pretty good. Doesn't hurt that this is the first case I've bought that had proper cable management holes.

Anyway, gaming keyboard and mouse that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any recommendations? I would prefer going with wired and it doesn't have to be designed for gaming as most of those have bells and whistles I don't really need or care about. I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard right now, but the one thing this motherboard didn't come with is WiFi/Bluetooth, so I'd have to get another card for that (or a dongle).

Thanks!

• Like 2

Nice build buddy.

I went with 

Keysonic Gaming SFF keyboard (blue led backlit if desired) anti-ghosting on some keys (asdqwezxc etc)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Keysonic-KSK-6001UELX-Compact-Keyboard-Backlight/dp/B00375MRYC

and cos im a natural lefty i still have my Razor DeathAdder 3.5G LH 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-DeathAdder-Chroma-Ergonomic-Gaming/dp/B00MXV1Q4I/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1469644229&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=razer+blackadder+left+handed

Have you looked at Razer keyboard/mice? I know a friend of mine has a Deathadder and BlackWidow. I can't recommend you any, as I don't use them either, but my friend does say they are great.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Have you looked at Razer keyboard/mice? I know a friend of mine has a Deathadder and BlackWidow. I can't recommend you any, as I don't use them either, but my friend does say they are great.

i do love my Razer mouse it must be said. Their keyboards look good but pricy, mine is subtle n cost me under £30 hehe inc antighosting keys.

I can vouch for the Razer deathadder, it's light and glides very smoothly depending on the surface that you're using for the mouse. I'm using the deathadder with a logitech g440 mouse pad.

• Like 2

Razer products are overpriced garbage. Built extremely cheap but sold at a premium.

I recommend Corsair or Logitech for peripherals. I also recommend mechanical keyboards, after my first I can never go back to rubber dome keyboards.

Thank you all for your recommendations.

I decided to stay on the low-end for this, so I went with a Corsair Qatar mouse and a K65 keyboard. Nothing flashy, but it is a basic gaming mouse and mechanical keyboard. Stayed under $100 for both combined, so that makes my bank account happy :p 

Hello,

Ducky ONE keyboard if you're looking for a full-sized mechanical keyboard.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 2:32 PM, trag3dy said:

Razer products are overpriced garbage. Built extremely cheap but sold at a premium.

I recommend Corsair or Logitech for peripherals. I also recommend mechanical keyboards, after my first I can never go back to rubber dome keyboards.

Agree on all points. Razer's customer support is suppose to be atrocious as well.

19 minutes ago, compl3x said:

Agree on all points. Razer's customer support is suppose to be atrocious as well.

From my experience it is. Back when the mamba was new it costs $130 and me being the sucker I am bought one. About a month later it's wheel went defective (not the only razer mouse to have a similar issue) and they said they'd replace it. Only I have to pay for shipping which cost me an extra $30.

In comparison to Logitech my Logitech g500 had some rubber scratched off and they replaced the entire mouse for free with free shipping and I didn't have to send the original one back to them.