Enable Win10 Built-in Guest Account

Holy smokes this is a mess!

So I upgraded my main desktop the last weekend of the free offer and didn't notice the guest account was disabled.

Last weekend I went out of town for the weekend and noticed there was no guest account for the dog sitter who was staying at the house while we were gone.

We use a guest account on the primary desktop for visitors (friends, family, etc.) to use if they want to hop on a computer.

I enabled the account by (I'm at work and doing this from memory so it might not be EXACTLY right but should give you an idea)

1) Right clicking on the start button and choosing computer management.

2) Going to the Users and Groups section and in the users folder finding guest, double clicking it and checking/unchecking the box to enable it (also ensured the user can't change the password and it never expires)

Then I logged out of the machine and tried to log in as guest (which DID show up as an option) but it falling into some nasty error loop that the only way I seem to be able to get out of is to log out of the account.

WTF! So they disabled the already enabled (prior to upgrade) guest account and now the built-in account is apparently broken... am I missing something?

I ended up making an account for that specific person (the dog sitter) and removing it from the users group and putting it in guest).  It STILL got an error every time it logs in but the dialog presents two options... if you chose the first it logs you out and if you choose the second it seems to works ok. (I can't remember the exact text).  This is not ideal because 1) I don't want a specific user account for this person and 2) the error message happen EVERY time the account is logs in which is annoying.

Why did Microsoft totally screw up the guest account?!?

(I'm not 100% sure but I think it made a new admin account as well.  Prior to the upgrade I had enabled the built-in admin account, renamed it, and removed admin rights from my personal account)... after the upgrade there is still the renamed admin account but now there seems to be another (disabled) built-in administrator account.  I really don't want two admin accounts, either but that's not as big of a deal.