Should I Buy a Printer?

I think I already know the answer but there seems to be a good deal on a printer from John Lewis:

HP Envy 120 - Printer / Scanner (?128)

+ Some photo paper (?8)

+ Ink (?14)

DEAL PRICE: ?120

I don't print off much on a day to day basis.  Maybe about 20 sheets of paper a month, on average.  Some months may be more, others less.  However I have access to a printer at work, which I can print off anything and everything I need.  I've printed off a few hundred photos in the past but these are so cheap on Photobox that using the printer for that alone doesn't warrant the cost.

But it does seem to be a good deal and I would probably use the scanner a fair bit.  I don't think I really need one though as I can use work for what I need.

Has anyone else been in this position?  What did you decide?

If you feel that it would be an improvement and that you can afford it, buy the printer.

I would shop around a little to be sure it is as good a deal as you think.

I see some used models that are cheaper.

I print even less than you and also have access to a printer/scanner/copier at work. Regardless, I decided to buy a cheapo AIO device. It has served me well. I bought ink tanks at a site my friend recommended (enough to last me the rest of my lifetime) for very cheap. It's all about the convenience - nice to have the ability to print on a whim, and also encourage my friends to use it as well. 

• Like 2