PSP Linux

Calling all hackers and developers. We are looking for help! We need qualifed coders and hackers to help work on the PSP Linux Project. Since PSP can execute code right from the memory stick it is slightly easier than the DSLinux project. But a challenge none the less.

Knowlage with programming for MIPS cpus is highly recommended.

Click here to sign-up

Please do not get cheap on the "Why are you qualified?" part.

Thanks!

I'm not a decent programmer and I never worked with Linux, but is there a chance we'll see a mpeg or even divx player in the future ?

Or at least 480x272 (which isn't 16:9 by the way, that would be 480x270) mp4 video.

I'm not a decent programmer and I never worked with Linux, but is there a chance we'll see a mpeg or even divx player in the future ?

Or at least 480x272 (which isn't 16:9 by the way, that would be 480x270) mp4 video.

585435846[/snapback]

Yes there is a chance that that will happen but that would be depending on the skill and devotion that happens with the developers.

But that is on one of the to do lists for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so great..

And people you could do some kind of OS or somekind of platform asd and make the possibility of developing for it.

So qwe could see more apps and stuff..

Im not a programmer or anything i only have an "idea" of how the things are

I couldn't possibly help..

but i thought i'd mention the familliar distro. http://familiar.handhelds.org/

if you guys got the kernel runing and some sort of graphics drivers you could use familliar, which is a dist for handheld devices..

just an idea, but you probably already know about this :p

• 10 months later...

The psp linux site now is suspended how we can contact the team?

Thanks

Roberto

Calling all hackers and developers. We are looking for help! We need qualifed coders and hackers to help work on the PSP Linux Project. Since PSP can execute code right from the memory stick it is slightly easier than the DSLinux project. But a challenge none the less.

Knowlage with programming for MIPS cpus is highly recommended.

Click here to sign-up

Please do not get cheap on the "Why are you qualified?" part.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Linux on PSP is an absolute waste of time, just like Linux on iPod, -----> Look at me I have linux on my PSP, too bad I can't do anything with it, hardy har har

Not to mention this thread is OLD

PSP Linux died. All the developers and stuff just didn't have time or anything so it was killed. Anything that was accomplished was passed on to another group which we have no idea where they went.

Nice first post :p

That's sad to hear that it died. I have seen the PSP OS which in reality is something LIKE Linux.

• 6 months later...

I can help you . I know how to program in C++, just that I havent used Linux very much and would like to shift over to it being my main OS.

I should have time as im a student and the summer is free.

Also one good reason to port Linux to the PSP is the possible functionaltiy of connecting external storage such as an Ipod( maybe coupled with Ipodlinux) through the mini B usb port and using it to transfer files to the memory stick for playback.

Email me if your still up to it, and wouldnt mind an amateur like myself to help out.