• Norton Speed Disk
    • O&O Defrag
    • PageDefrag
    • PerfectDisk
    • Vopt
    • Windows Defrag
    • Other (please specify below)

Question

An updated "Best Defragmenter" poll for 2009. Please use this as a reference when researching Defrag utilities. As time goes on, the poll can be updated to add further options.

Happy Voting!

I started using SmartDefrag. It works pretty well, and is quick on my system too, but mostly let the windows defrag run in the background. My system is usually at most 4% fragmented

Vista or XP?

I prefer Disk keeper on XP but Microsoft on Vista.

Maximum PC did a top 5 review a few issues back on Vista 32 and 64 and found little to no improvment in performance using aftermarket defraggers.

My experience has been the same with Vista 64 Ultimate. None of the after market utils made any difference across the 3 drives in my system what so ever.

I voted Windows defrag because it may not be as good as the other as sorting your data in most used and whatevernot way. but Honestly. The time you spend setting up and running those other defrags.... whatever time and microperformance you gai rom running them, will never make up for the time lost atually running them.

so widnows derag is obviusly superior, it's just there, and it's a very good defrag actually and it does it's job without you havign to do anythign but install windows :p

Remove the ugly scientologistical Diskeeper from there.

Ad hominem; the company's motives do not influence the effectiveness of their software.

I voted for Windows Defrag. I don't feel the need for anything heavier.

I vote for defraggler. Works great and can run from my usb thumb drive. Also you can defrag individual files.

+1, defragmenting individual files is really handy sometimes :) ...and it has a nice GUI!