Why isnt Stage6 from Divx used more often

Yeah, I've never heard of it... But I'm extremely impressed.

Yea its cool, but they keep pratting about with it, deleting videos, and changing everything about.

Once they sort it out, and stop messing about with it, it'll b cool.

Yep, Tv-Links uses it for some files - when it does i can maximise it and its still fairly nice quality!

Edit: haha, funnily enough the example you used is that show i was talking about :-)

House rocks.

Stage6 for now, (thankfully) isn't very popular. But once it hits that critical target audience, its going to turn into another Veoh I must sadly say.

Veoh started out amazing, now its just eh. Don't get me wrong, Veoh still has (next to Stage6 anyways) the best quality video I've seen on any video sharing site. But the limitations the admins have now put in place, along with the deleting, and even banning of accounts now has made the site less impressive than it was say 6 months ago.

But yeah, Stage6 and Veoh are the two best there are right now, and if Stage6 keeps improving (without doing stupid things) then they will be the best and hopefully poop all over Youtube!

DivX codec rocks anyway, but for some reason the web player disabled Aero here and I have to restart the browser after I finish.

Its continually buffering here on virgin 2Mb

It must be having a temp slow session :(

I'm trying to watch Lost on it and its suddendly slowed rightt down.

Looks good here fullscreen tho @ 1680 x 1050.

I like how you can also download the divX file 2. :D

• 2 months later...

The quality is pretty good. I'd say it's better than Youtube.

quality is WAY better than YouTube... but the file sizes do tend to increase a lot, unfortunately...

takes way too long to buffer on my crapola connection (320kbps)

Isn't the DivX codec like, old?

Anyways seems like a cool site. Video's seemed to studder for some reason when streaming but when I downloaded them they played fine (10/1mb connection). Maybe it was only a temporary thing.

Heaps better than Youtube tho, I still use Veoh a lot tho because they let you download video's in their original form and not this .divx stuff.

^You can easily convert to another format if you don't like DivX. I don't see any reason to complain about that.

I have never seen a studder on a video on that site. When I click play, it buffers for like 3 seconds then the video plays perfectly fine. You just might have a bad connction or something.

^You can easily convert to another format if you don't like DivX. I don't see any reason to complain about that.

I have never seen a studder on a video on that site. When I click play, it buffers for like 3 seconds then the video plays perfectly fine. You just might have a bad connction or something.

That's why I said I still download from Veoh. Re-encoding one codec to another always results in a loss of quality (which the site does once already). I'm not gonna do that when I can just download the original source elsewhere.

Nobody is complaining, don't make my post into something it's not.