Steven Spielberg will make 'Tintin' trilogy

Tintin ruled when I was a child :jump:

Steven Spielberg is poised to make not one but three movies based on the Belgian cartoon character Tintin.

The director is planning a trilogy based on six of the classic Tintin books, including Red Rackham's Treasure and The Blue Lotus, according to French magazine Capital.

Ace reporter Tintin travels the world solving mysteries with the help of his friends Captain Haddock, the Thompson Twins and his faithful dog Snowy.

As usual, Spielberg's slate is loaded with new projects.

As well as the planned Tintin movies, the director has started pre-production on a fourth Indiana Jones film and is working on an adaptation of James Thurber's story The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. He's currently shooting The Terminal with Tom Hanks.

Additionally, Spielberg has announced a DVD release for Schindler's List, his acclaimed Holocaust drama.

The movie is coming to DVD in March, 10 years after it was first released in cinemas.

The DVD will include a documentary looking at the Shoah Foundation, which has an archive of Holocaust material established by Spielberg in 1993.

Also included is Voices From The List, a 77-minute compendium of testimonies from the archive never seen before. Schindler's List won seven Oscars, including Best Picture.

Source - http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertainment/ge...11&page=1&ref=1

Not too sure about Indiana Jones 4 :/, hope it works out ok :unsure:

I'd also like to get that Schindler's List DVD :yes:, was a great film in my opinion.

Radish?

TinTin was amazing. with the dog.. what was his name? :unsure: either way.. great find Radman?!

The dog was called Snow:happy:y:

Radish?

The dog was called Snow:happy:y:

Radish?

Oh God! That brings back memories! I actually owned the comics! Wow i had Tintin and Asterix comics damn used to read them all the time. I just hope he makes a good job out of this...

Never heard of Tintin, but that Indian Jones flick will have Harrison Ford in it. Though he will be his age as an older Indiana, kind of like the last crusade, but who knows how it will work out?

Ohhhhh TinTin thats was the really goood days reading this stuff...

And it will be very cool to see it on big screen..though i think it was done b4 but failed..

But dont know how will make TinTin??!!!

nice stuff. never thought spielberg would do this kinda work. and how hes gonna succed to make it a good movie.

i use to love to check out the comic books about tintin. great stuff

Sweet, I used to love Tintin. I wonder how they'll shot it - live action, I presume?

Indiana Jones 4, yeah, I dunno. If it recreates the magic then yeah, I'm in favour. With Spielberg and Ford onboard it should be good.