Wallpaper Changing prevention

Ok... so i thought i had this system locked down. But i now realize that it's still possible to change to change it by a simple thing i overlooked :blush: :p . In the "My Pictures" folder you can highlight/select a picture and on the left under picture task you can just click "Set picture as background"

Is there anyway to remove that one option? I already locked down the control panel and 99% of all changes via Group Policy but that shortcut does play nice with the rules.

I guess the only other option is to remove the my pictures folder (don't ask why i even have one cuz it's not needed on these machines)

wow...that sounds like a registry entry, but that one might be deep in there. I'm not sure what to change for that. It's the same thing for IE too right? If you see a picture you can right click and say set as background. Did you get that one blocked?

wow...that sounds like a registry entry, but that one might be deep in there. I'm not sure what to change for that. It's the same thing for IE too right? If you see a picture you can right click and say set as background. Did you get that one blocked?

This is one restriction I have never been able to figure out, BUT if you make them have a Mandatory profile (rename ntuser.dat to ntuser.man) none of their settings get saved, so each time they boot, they get the default settings again.

Here is one way around it.

Change the rights on "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp".

A Group Policy possibility:

User Configuration

> Administrative Templates

> Control Panel

> Display

> Disable Changing wallpaper

Edited by Joe User 99

the group policy is what we are already talking about. but the rights on Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp sounds like a good idea.

...but theres also the problem of selecting "set as wallpaper" in paint.