Calling all UT2k4 Gamers

Hey guys, some of you may have seen a post a few weeks back in the programming thread about game development. Well 12Iceman and myself have gone along and taken this into the 2nd phase. We have chosen to use the Unreal Engine 2.5 (Unreal Tournament 2004's Engine) and create a nice FPS mod. This mod is basically a guerilla warefare type game where two teams must hunt eachother down in a LMS scenario. This is not a realism mod like so many have done before, it still keeps the fast paced essence that makes Unreal what it is. I do not want to give away too much of the mod for others to steal here so if your interested please give me a hollar or just reply my email is (serox@darksyntax.com). We want to try to keep this in the neowin "family" since we are the coolest of the cool :p

Who are we looking for?

- We are looking for dedicated users who have a passion for gaming. Also be open to others ideas and possibly having some of your own to add into the game. No real experience is needed (if you dont have any we have sources you can learn, but you got to pick it up pretty quick).

- Map Makers

- Model'ers

- Script'ers

- Beta Testing

- Static Mesh creation (if u dont know what a static mesh is, it is an object you include a map. An example is a barrell or walkway)

I posted this in the gamer forum so more people would see it and the fact that no previous experience is required.

Also the site for the development process will be www.darksyntax.com

Edited by serox

Experience means faster & better .. also with "crazy" people you can obtain something interesting :shifty: .

Curious about some more details : time until released .. number of people that team requires and so on :)

I play UT2k4 a lot, but I dont know if I can be of any help =X

Me too. I took a look at Unreal Ed 3.0, and quikly closed it up because was very confused. :laugh:

Umm... Is there a specific place that we contact you to sign up for this?? Or just post here?

I can map, and (obviously) beta test... I'm perfectly competent in UnrealEd, the only thing I lack in this area is creativity (also my problem in photoshop). However, if you give me a blueprint/drawing/idea (including details) I can work it out just fine.

[Edit]Lol, I just realized I never said - I do maps in UEd. There we go. :p

Hey guys many of you are like me and Iceman who were GREATLY intimidated by unrealed. However we have ways you can learn. We have VTM's that we can show you that guide you through the area you are interested in. They do not talk very long. I am currently doing one on making movie scenes in UnrealEd and it is very easy to learn. Evil, you can contact me on any of the methods in my profile as well as by email.

If you guys want a more detailed explination of the mod itself PLEASE feel free to email me or use an instant messanger. I have typed up a simple outline to give you a very good example of what the mod's gameplay will be like.

Well I took a look at the outline you have on the site and I have to say - this mod sounds VERY promising. I'd be delighted to join the development team if you want me - I've already talked to you a little bit about mapping.

I can definitley see this mod becoming popular.

i'd love to beta test, i wish i could do more, but with my job i cannot :(

but if you need any help with other then what is listed i will try to help with anything i can help with.

I can beta test and maybe I'll look into some of the coding and design and stuff. no promises on that fancy stuff, though. i can also help designing, maintaining, and hosting all website needs and anything like that, if you need it at all :)

go to Plycount's Forum and ask for help, all the best skinners and mod makers are there plus the people who made UT2K4 are members.

I posted there as well ;) thanks

Also, I have uploaded the current outline I developed for the background on the game if your interested it is viewable here (.doc format)

One last thing, I have thrown together a splash for the game itself if you guys care @ all ;)

syntax.jpg

Edited by serox

Interesting job .. finally serox made the team ..

I agree finally ..

Finally my questions :

1 . CorelDraw12 should be perfect for design ?

2 . Bryce3D 5.0

Other recommandations ?