Problems with Office

Question

everytime i want to print i get errors, etc ive updated office, acrobat etc but i keep getting these errors i am having the same problems on a machine with office xp also

any ideas please?

post-12-1092155836.jpg

20 answers to this question

i'm having similar problems. when word opens, it says a document can't be registered... and when frontpage opens, it says it's requesting the visual c++ libraries in an odd manner, then frontpage closes...

it's really annoying the hell out of me :angry:

Try some basic troubleshooting.

Will it work when you type "outlook /safe" (without the quotes) from run in the start menu?

How about in a clean boot?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353

Have yu tried disabling add-ins

To disable add-ins, go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, COM Add-ins. Remove the check from the add-in listing and close the dialogs (also check items listed in add-in manager)

It could be sp2 is conflicting with a add-in

Try some basic troubleshooting.

Will it work when you type "outlook /safe" (without the quotes) from run in the start menu?

How about in a clean boot?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353

To disable add-ins, go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, COM Add-ins. Remove the check from the add-in listing and close the dialogs (also check items listed in add-in manager)

Office and Nortons have a history of Runtime errors but can happen with other AV vendors as well

Have you checked internet options? Advanced tab/look for script debugging and make sure its disabled in IE and Other.

Where should i look for these options? i cant find them in word

It looks like a driver/file for the Minolta Mc 2210 printer is causing the problem.

.DLL in question = minqmspsb.dll

Radish?

thats what i thought, however the .dll file in question keeps changing, sometimes it changes to pscript5.dll or something sometimes it doesnt show up, however i have rolled back to SP1 and everything is ok...

also i have 4 other pc's which i updated with sp2 and they dont have this problem and they all share the same printer driver..

Can't really help you. But i am suggesting that you might want to update your Office to the latest service pack as well. It might help, who knows.

This is because i am using Gold version of Office 2003 installed with XP Sp2, didn't have this problem.

No fatal errors on my Office with SP2, but Office 2003 takes longer than before when loading my documents... kind of annoying. It only takes time when first loading... ie: If I have Word open, it takes no time. But if Word isn't open, it sits there for thirty seconds... thinking. :huh:

ciaran

No fatal errors on my Office with SP2, but Office 2003 takes longer than before when loading my documents... kind of annoying. It only takes time when first loading... ie: If I have Word open, it takes no time. But if Word isn't open, it sits there for thirty seconds... thinking. :huh:

ciaran

my office xp with windows xp sp1 does that too. it even slow down my computer like hell.