Firefox vs IE

i read alot of posts about the browsers and all,

but why do you think firefox or IE is better.

I don't know if the firefox-users are just anti-microsoft

or firefox is just better.

Why would you pick firefox over ie or other way around?

for me it seems to be slightly faster, and i like tabbed browsing, but i choose it mostly for the plugins like google search, dictionary search, bugmenot, tinyurl and reload every. plus if i need to view a page in ie, like windows updates, i can just use the view in ie plugin.

From what I read, IE has less bugs then Firefox (im a firefox user) but you have to remember that Firefox is still in it's beta stage and you shouldn't really be surprised about this. And SP2 helped IE out a lot by puttin in the popup blocker and firewalls. I might go back to IE just untill Firefox 1.0 comes out :)

It is written for an Internet use only as a browser and is NOT a part of OS which makes it more reliable by default.

SP2 made IE a little better, but the main issues are still there.

I switched to Firefox 0.9.3 last week, from Maxthon. Both are betas...

For me, the biggest appeal of Firefox (and, indeed, Maxthon) is tabbed browsing. Once you've used a browser that opens web pages in tabs rather than new windows each time, you won't want a browser that doesn't have this feature. Where Firefox has an edge over Maxthon is the enormous range of extensions (add-ins) that adds functionality to the browser, as well as it's more polished look and feel.

IE's small improvements with XP SP2 don't really cut it. Ok, better security, popup blocker (wow!), but not enough. What will IE 7 offer? I read a recent article (noted in Neowin actually) that high on the wish-list of IE users is... tabbed browsing.

I tried Fire fox for two months; installed extensions change the configuration files and a lot more. But even with all the customization, i couldn?t make it better than AvantBrowser (IE Shell with tabs and a lot more).

For me, and after trying: Opera, FireFox, Mozzila, Kmeleon, MyIE, AvantBrowser (IE) it?s the best.

For security, I have to choose FireFox

Ditto - plus Firefox is innovating, something that IE hasn't done for a long time now. I'd argue since IE4.

(N) to MS and IE - I hope they can revive a new IE Team and pull their socks up.

why is the windows version almost half the size of Linux or OSX versions?

The Win32 installer is smaller than everything because, IIRC, the scripts to build the installer only grabs an exact set of files needed, whereas the zip build includes lots of debug stuff, and the OSX and Linux builds are similar... and they do most of the speed/size optimizations for Win32 mainly, since they're trying to target "end-users." Teh Goodge himself has said that Fx/OSX hasn't been getting much love...

I pick Mozilla Firefox over IE because:

* Frequently updated (IE on Mac is no longer updated).

* Tabbed browsing.

* Popup blocker.

* Faster (personal opinion).

* More secure.

* Extensions.

* Standard compliant.

* Great community (http://forums.mozillazine.org).

* Search bar.

Yes, I`m a Mozilla Firefox fanboy! :D

The only qualm I have with Firefox [or is it with web designers?] is some web sites do not display as intended, because they are optimized for IE.

Example: Try viewing www.amg.com with IE and Firefox. You'll notice overlapping layers on many regions of the web site. Specifically look for "Editors Choice" on the front page.

I'm trying several different browsers and IE overlays. Overall I like Firefox the best due to the many plugins. As far as ad and popup blocking the other browsers can't beat my combination of Ad Munch (also does popups) and the Firefox extention, Adblock.

if IE was dis-integrated from the OS and followed web standars, i would use it (well, maybe tabbed browsing too) from time-to-time but i will stick to FF for now

I tried FF yesterday long enough to see how stupid looking the bookmarks are. Can't delete the default and worthless bookmarks FF puts in there, so it got uninstalled right then and there. I'll use IE over FF just because. But, I'll use Opera because it is way better.

Of course you can delete it. U just go to Manage Bookmarks, select the BOOKMARK (not the folder) and delete!

anyways i prefer IE anyways. i found FF a bit too slow and bit to odd to operate.