Bandwidth Limiting Trouble

I've had a WRT54G for quite some time now, and am running the latest official firmware for it (v2.04.4) but since upgrading to SP2, my bandwidth limiting doesn't seem to be working.

My current config:

QoS.png

My PC is connected to Port 2, and the family PC is connected to Port 3, but when we're both downloading, it splits the connection 50/50, so we get around 50k/sec each, but I'm wanting the family pc to be limited to around 25-30k/sec so it doesn't interfere too much, especially when gaming on my xbox / ps2 (ports 1&4)

QoS is enabled for both network cards, and in the router config (as you can see) but it doesn't seem to be having any affect. Am I doing something wrong here, or is QoS broken in SP2?

The only thing, other than installing xpsp2 that has changed in my config is disabling UPnP (I prefer to manually forward ports) but that didn't seem to have any effect.

I don't want to be running an app on the PC, because my sister, or someone else will just disable it, which is why I want to get it done via the router, thanks though.

Does anyone have the same router, or know how to get this working?

I checked, and by default the QoS service is disabled in SP2, but it's still not working.

Its got nothing to do with the pc. This looks like it is handled by the route. Therfore it should work for any OS (Win, Mac, Unix, Palm ....... )

It's not just on the router, it uses QoS to limit it.

I have tried 3rd party ones, but they don't have as many options.

MazX_Napalm is right

quality of service on either of your pcs has absolutly nothing to do with quality of service settings on your router.

if QoS in your router doesn't work, then it's your router issue, NOT OPERATING SYSTEM(much less service pack)

but he said "but since upgrading to SP2, my bandwidth limiting doesn't seem to be working"

... so it IS SERVICE PACK issue.

I didn't know that SP2 installed itself onto the router. Wow Bill G is getting his software into every piece of hardware.

BTW I'm being sarcastic. The software on the Router will control the bandwidth, the OS (and that includes SP's) has nothing to do with how the router controls the bandwidth.

I didn't know that SP2 installed itself onto the router. Wow Bill G is getting his software into every piece of hardware.

BTW I'm being sarcastic. The software on the Router will control the bandwidth, the OS (and that includes SP's) has nothing to do with how the router controls the bandwidth.

Yes I know that. But makes no sense, huh? Why it screwed right after SP2?

I would RMA the router. Weird.

Andrew,

judging from the gui screenshot, could it not be that the WRT54G limits the upload bandwidth and not the download bandwidth? That would explain why your config has no effect on download bandwidth.

Perhaps you could play with the settings and check whether the upload bandwidth does get limited.

Please post again and let us know; I am thinking of getting this router and would like to know more about this issue.

Thanks