ViewSonic VX910 19" LCD Monitor Review

ViewSonic VX910 19" LCD Review

vx910_lrg.jpg

I was using a 19" CRT for a few years, then upgraded to the Viewsonic VX910 19" LCD, and I have to say that it is a great monitor compared to the CRT that I had and it is designed nicely. First I will talk about what's included in the box. Then I will talk about the specs and how well the monitor performs.

Included in the box is a power cable, an analog VGA cable, and the monitor itself. Sadly, Viewsonic did not include a DVI cable with the monitor. So if you want one you will have to buy it separately.

The specs and performance is great for a 19" LCD. The VX910 can go up to a max resolution of 1280x1024 and a refresh rate of 70Hz. It has a response time of 16ms, a brightness of 250 cd/m2, and a contrast ratio of 500:1. Text is sharp and clear. The image quality is also very good when at the max resolution. Lower than 1280x1024 will have some blurring especially noticeable on text, as do a lot of other LCDs. In games, there is hardly any ghosting that is noticeable, much less than what a 25ms LCD would have. Also, it supports analog and digital connections.

Also, the cables are pretty much hidden. The cable management on this monitor is great. They are covered up very neatly.

I give this product a rating of 8 out of 10.

Pros:

- Great image quality

- Hardly any ghosting in games

- Great cable management

Cons:

- No DVI cable was included in the box

- Lower than max resolution will have some blurring

Front of the monitor up close.

vx910_1.jpg

Monitor shown at an angle.

vx910_2.jpg

Edited by Dennis

that looks like a really nice monitor but I'd avoid it just because it can't run 1600x1200

also are those the klipsch 5.1s? If they are I'm so jealous.

There are no 19" LCD monitors in existance that support 16x12.

My Princeton VL 1916came with a VGA cord, a DVI cord, A SPdif chord, a VGA to DVI adaptor, and a SPdif adaptor, 15 pin D-sub, built in speakers, can hold resolution of 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz, (v. scan 75 Hz, H. scan 80 KHz)can handle up to 10,000bfeet altitude, and only weighs in at a mere 5.9 Kg. but there is one warning in reference manual. it says DO NOT disassemble your monitor. :rofl:

his cons r just dumb all lcd have that u need read b4 u post stupid review

Use what little part of your brain that you have left (if any) before posting. Also learning to spell / type gets you far in life.

I have a Viewsonic VP171s... same sort of desgin in an essence, but 17". Very nice screen indeed.

Use what little part of your brain that you have left (if any) before posting. Also learning to spell / type gets you far in life.

I have a Viewsonic VP171s... same sort of desgin in an essence, but 17". Very nice screen indeed.

Design*. Lol:blush:h:

Too many options.

The Dell FP1703, Sony, ViewSonic...

It's too hard to choose...frankly most reviews raked up that each product has their benefits, and the best way is to buy all of them and return the ones u don't want.

but that's a perfect world....

Lion

Too many options.

The Dell FP1703, Sony, ViewSonic...

It's too hard to choose...frankly most reviews raked up that each product has their benefits, and the best way is to buy all of them and return the ones u don't want.

but that's a perfect world....

Lion

The Dell 1704FP is OUT!!

its a new panel and has 12ms Reponse time :)

Images and Specs here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/moni...pt/EN/index.htm :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My VX910 seems a bit blurry and edgey when I turn it into MAX resolution.

1280x1024 @ 70

using a BFG G4 128MB card.

some advice ?

Not sure.

Is the ViewSonic drivers installed?

Are there DVI settings to play with in your video card options that might help resolve the issue?