Windows 2003 Server Feature

Hey guys, well found this little feature in 2003 Enterprise, if you goto the device manager, and then goto your Disk Drives, you will see an unchecked box labeled : [Enable Advanced Performance], in the policies tab, check it and notice the speed improvement, did huge wonders for my performance.

Does anyone else get a vast improvement in speed? Please let me know as I am curious too see the overall effect it has on various other ppls pc's

Hiya all,

I have the option in Windows Server 2003 Standard as well. I'm not going to enable it as my house sometimes has the tendancy to loose power! Just to let you know that it isn't just the Enterprise Edition that has this feature.

- Tranq

w00t lucky i got my UPS hooked up :) i'm checking those boxes right now.

maybe its clever not to check your bootdisk just in case ?

EVENT VIEWER

The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by Paradoxcydal

yeah i had it on for a quiet a while now. i personally didnt notice any difference, until, my system crashed (hardware error) and then i had to go to XP as a temporary motive. My god XP is SLOOOOW compared to 2003!!!

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm back on 2003!!!! phooey to XP :s

yeah i had it on for a quiet a while now. i personally didnt notice any difference, until, my system crashed (hardware error) and then i had to go to XP as a temporary motive. My god XP is SLOOOOW compared to 2003!!!

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm back on 2003!!!! phooey to XP :s

584849712[/snapback]

I totally agree, 2k3 is much faster that XP is ...and once you use 2k3 you can never go back to XP :happy:

I totally agree, 2k3 is much faster that XP is ...and once you use 2k3 you can never go back to XP 

That statement alone just make me sick to my stomach.

*barf* ack there goes my lunch.

I totally agree, 2k3 is much faster that XP is ...and once you use 2k3 you can never go back to XP  :happy:

584861436[/snapback]

what kind of dumb responses are these? This has nothing to do with using 2003 as a workstation (buncha dummies!!!)... this is about a performance setting. Wrong forum for you two.

That statement alone just make me sick to my stomach.

*barf* ack there goes my lunch.

584869869[/snapback]

Now, that is a very smart reaction kiddo ...considering how "intelligent" your statement there is and also considering that you lost your lunch.....I now give you a cookie :cool:

Take it, you earned it :happy:

what kind of dumb responses are these?  This has nothing to do with using 2003 as a workstation (buncha dummies!!!)...  this is about a performance setting.  Wrong forum for you two.

584869889[/snapback]

And who the **** said anything about "using 2k3 as a workstation" ??

You and that IPv6 guy ...if you both are actually denying that 2k3 runs WAY faster that XP, then you need to go, visit a doctor......it's about time ;)

sorry I don't have a warez copy of windows 2003 to use as my workstation. 

584885516[/snapback]

That's your problem, not mine. So STFU ...and yes...I have to agree...wish I were a kid again....sigh!