Photo Story 3 Error

Question

13 answers to this question

ive never actually seen this program before... but there are a few things it could be

if D: is your cd rom - maybe its not being powered or your knocked the ide's or maybe someone ejected the cd - if your trying to save maybe the cd is not writable?

if D: is a hdd then its probably corrupted... bad sectors etc

if the program uses an attached camera or other perepheral - maybe something is unplugedd

if none of these apply then i dont know... cause i dont know that program

sorry if i was no help

and maybe im just making **** up again...

but it sometimes works

Here's another user that uses Photo Story. :D

Ok, your trying to open it to see the result of your video creation? and you get that? Normally, Photo story opens in Windows Media Player, at least mine does. Can you play any other videos with WMP with any problems? If you get that message when trying to play other videos, maybe try repairing WMP. Report back if this problem persists. :)

Here's another user that uses Photo Story. :D

Ok, your trying to open it to see the result of your video creation? and you get that? Normally, Photo story opens in Windows Media Player, at least mine does. Can you play any other videos with WMP with any problems? If you get that message when trying to play other videos, maybe try repairing WMP. Report back if this problem persists. :)

584819485[/snapback]

No other problems with WMP 10, all files have been playing great with that program since it came out. This is the first time I've seen this error and as I mentioned I can manually open the created file--just not through the program. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/restarting and still no luck.

Ok, so it might be a bug in the Photo Story (I am downloading the new version as I speak). I will see if I get the same message, if I do, I will report the bug to microsoft.

Ok, so it might be a bug in the Photo Story (I am downloading the new version as I speak). I will see if I get the same message, if I do, I will report the bug to microsoft.

584819579[/snapback]

I was having a tough time finding a place to submit a bug. Do you have a link?

Sounds more like an isolated case than a universal bug.

Seemed to work fine on my system. I like Photo Story 3 so far. :)

584819779[/snapback]

You're probably right, but the funny part is I can preview (from within Photo Story) at any point before exporting the wmv.

You're probably right, but the funny part is I can preview (from within Photo Story) at any point before exporting the wmv.

584819821[/snapback]

That's odd. Hope you can find a solution. How do you like it otherwise? :)

That's odd. Hope you can find a solution. How do you like it otherwise? :)

584820236[/snapback]

It's really nice otherwise, you can be very creative with it for sure. I don't think I'll use it that much but who knows now that I know how easy it is to use.