Using ResHacker Scripts

I have made a few RH scripts and I plan on making a lot more. What they are is basicly a bunch of commands in a text file to be executed by ResHacker, so if you want to use them, here is how to do it:

For demostration, I am making a .dll file that does nothing, and we will be using a script I made on it. I am assuming you have ResHacker.

1.) Download this dll from here.

2.) Download this script to execute here.

3.) Extract them both to your ResHacker folder.

4.) If your ResHacker folder is "c:/program files/ResHacker", the you must use that to run the script.

5.) Go to start > run, and type in (if you have followed all the steps above excatly and if your ResHacker program is where I said above) "c:\program files\reshacker\reshacker.exe -abcdscript.txt"

This executes the script using the program ResHacker, the rest of the information is in the script:

This is what a basic script without information looks like:

[FILENAMES]
Exe=
SaveAs=
Log=

[COMMANDS]

What this does, is assings the file to edit, tells where to save is as, and makes a log to show what happened.

Then, under the commands part, it give it commads to follow.

Lets open the file that we had before (abcd.dll). It contains 5 random bitmaps, and 4 icon groups. If you look closer, you will notice that the bitmaps are in 2 different languages. This will show that with the right command we can delete all of them no matter what the language or number.

So lets get to it, do step number 5, and check out the result. In your ResHacker file, you will see two new files, a abcd2.dll and a abcd.log. Open abcd2.dll and compare it to abcd.dll. You will notice that two icon groups are gone, and all bitmaps were deleted. Thats how these scripts work. Here is the actual script.

//How ResHacker Scripts work by Advance
[FILENAMES]
Exe=abcd.dll
SaveAs=abcd2.dll
Log=abcd.log

[COMMANDS]
-delete bitmap ,,
-delete icongroup ,1,
-delete icongroup ,3,
//-Advance

I am working on a small website where I will put all these scripts I make, I will post here when I am done.

-Advance

• 1 month later...