Mega TeamFortress For HL2 In The Works!

With the introduction of DeathMatch, I've decided to start a quake-clone MTF for HL2. First release is expected by the new year, however anyone willing to work on porting and or making some maps would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, here's a sneak peak at a few of the features

Classes (9)

-Scout

-Sniper

-Soldier

-DemoMan

-Medic

-HW Guy

-Pyro

-Spy

-Engineer

Weapons (A few changes of course)

-Physics Gun (Including a "Blackout" like stun effect)

-Pistol

-Nailgun

-SuperNailgun

-Sniper Rifle (ServerSide Beam Selectable)

-Pyro Gun

-Pyro RocketLauncher

-Rocket Launcher (Not laser guided)

-Grenade Launcher

-HW Cannon

-90mm Cannon

-Spanner

-Axe

-MedAxe

-Grappler

Class Abilities

-JetJump (Scout)

-AirStrike (Sniper)

-Laser Rockets (?, Soldier)

-DetPack (DemoMan)

-AOE Disease (Medic)

-Anchor (HW Guy)

-Melt / LRL [Long Range Lava] (Pyro)

-Feign Death / Color Change (Spy)

-Recharge / Hack (Engineer)

Primary and Secondary class specific grenades via buttons, including classic priming

HP / Damage / Physics Effect similar to that of the original MTF, which will allow for rocket and grenade jumping, and bunny hopping

Engineer will be able to build a multitude of equipment (and be able to upgrade / recharge / etc), which includes the following

-Turret

-Tesla

-Teleportation Pad

-Ammo / Armor Station

-PRP (Portable Respawn Point)

-Aura Field Generator

-Smoke Generator

-Blinders

-Stationary Guns (?)

This list is far from final, and will be balanced.

This is just a quick summary for everyone, there's quite a few other new additions which I won't be listing right now. Have to run, check back here for updates!

(Just copied this from my steam forum post, too lazy to change stuff for neowin) :D

Anyways, on that matter, anyone willing to help out to get this finished sooner (this will be finished regardless if I have any help, just a matter of time), contact me at the email above :happy:

by the new year? How is all that possible to get done in less than a month?

585055920[/snapback]

yeah...i mean, high hopes are one things, but this is just kind of insanity :blink:

but, umm, good luck...i guess ;)

585055920[/snapback]

Because it's been in the works for awhile :shifty:

That and I don't exactly have a job right now...

Well, I mean that there will be MINIMALLY an alpha version out by the 1st

Sounds like a cool idea, but I wouldnt be of help for much.

585055931[/snapback]

Anyone who has any idea's or suggestions are most welcome as well, and also some concept drawings for models would be pretty helpful.

SLAYER,Dec 7 2004, 03:07]yes hows this all going to work with STEAM?

585056528[/snapback]

You put the folder of the mod in your ./SteamApps/<email>/half-life 2/

Restart Steam, then it should detect a mod or you add the command argument when launching:

"-game foldername"

yes hows this all going to work with STEAM?

585056528[/snapback]

Steam allows you to run game mods without a problem, you obviously should spend less time bashing it, and more time educating yourself.

585055920[/snapback]

they been working on it for long time

While this is great news and everything, I am a bit worrisome that this release will be package exclusive much like Day of Defeat: Source.

585057537[/snapback]

I'm the guy making it, and it'll be free ;)

I'm the guy making it, and it'll be free  ;)

585059516[/snapback]

I had left this thread open in a tab for so long that I had forgotten what the topic was exactly and mistook it as a discussion over the release of Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms after a quick glance over it a second time.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :pinch:

I'm interested in helping. I've got programming experience, but not any game mod/ experience. I'm very interested in getting some game mod experience though! PM me, and let me know what I can do to help out!

I was a HUGE fan of the original Team Fortress for Quake 1. I was a member of the TF Quake Clan "Blood of the Fold" for a little over a year, and I beleive we only lost once or twice while I was a member. Those were the days.... ah yes..16, all there was to worry about then was sex, drugs, and quake.

I'm interested in helping.  I've got programming experience, but not any game mod/ experience.  I'm very interested in getting some game mod experience though!  PM me, and let me know what I can do to help out!

I was a HUGE fan of the original Team Fortress for Quake 1.  I was a member of the TF Quake Clan "Blood of the Fold" for a little over a year, and I beleive we only lost once or twice while I was a member.  Those were the days....  ah yes..16, all there was to worry about then was sex, drugs, and quake.

585060252[/snapback]

Woo, busy life you have there, mine was food, sleep, and quake. Anyways, I'll contact you via msn if you have it about putting you to work on in-game menus, which is what I fear may be the biggest obstacle of the project, depending on how HL2 handles key grabbing. I'll be back home around the 12th, so expect to hear from me then :happy:

Make it as much as what I'd call "Team Fortress Classic: Source" as possible.

Do that, and I'll have your children.

585063937[/snapback]

I agree. Maybe even look into using that name, if it's not taken yet (which it probably is).

Do that and stncttr908 will have your children.

Just got back from arizona / nevada, so I'll be working on it all this week. Hopefully I'll have a few screenies up soon. Meanwhile, I'm still seeking the help of anyone who can provide textures, work on maps and models, and anyone else who can help out with the actual mod.

Suggestions at this point are very welcome :happy: