Emulate N64 or DS On PSP

Do you think it would be possible to emulate N64 or DS On a PSP  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be possible to emulate N64 or DS On a PSP

• Yes
    • No

I have no idea, but lets see what some of you guys that truly now the hardware capabilities of this devices have to say.

It would be rather easy to get the roms on Memory Sticks due to the USB interface and about the PSP not having enough buttons, there are some buttons that are not really used on the N64 controller and i remember there is a SNES emu for the GBA and the GBA doesnt have enough Buttons but it works anyways...

post-43842-1105164388.jpg

Edited by Cygnuz-Y

I personally believe so but the controller would obviously be the largest downfall, and how hard would it be to get the touchscreen to work as part of the control array without Nintendo programming?

If you care so much for Nintendo games... why not buy a Nintendo system that plays them instead of going to illegal acts?

585254115[/snapback]

exactly... :no:

I would much rather have an N64 emulator anyway. DS doesn't really have any good games except for Mario, which is on N64.

I doubt the PSP is powerful enough though, because there hasn't been one made for the PS2 either.

I would much rather have an N64 emulator anyway.  DS doesn't really have any good games except for Mario, which is on N64.

I doubt the PSP is powerful enough though, because there hasn't been one made for the PS2 either.

585255877[/snapback]

The PSP is probably powerful enough. It just might seem like a dumb idea since the PSP is missing controls the N64 had. In comparison, the DS can pretty much emulate every N64 control with the touch screen.

I'd love to see this sort of scene kick off. The PSP creates a "GAME" folder on the PSP which is accessible in the menu (obviously saying there are no games present on the memory stick) so hopefully it's only a matter of time before people can start creating applications which can be executed from there. I'd love to have Snes, Genesis and N64 emus on there, it'd be sweet as hell! But I'd settle for Snes and Genesis (which shouldn't be a problem, nor GBA).

I think Nintendo would have a problem with GBA emulation though, a huge one ;)

Since unlike N64 and SNES it isn't dead, and it's still a direct competitor with the PSP :p

I would much rather have an N64 emulator anyway.  DS doesn't really have any good games except for Mario, which is on N64.

585255877[/snapback]

:laugh: Its turned into the Macintosh of the gaming world "Yer the mac has games, like ummm tetris... breakout... super breakout... .... photo shop, but no really its ok because you know what games are good since you played them 5 years ago" :laugh:

P.S. Red Vs Blue rules.

I still can't see why you all don't just buy a DS? First of all, emulation is illegal. Secondly, why do you not just buy a freaking Nintendo system if you are so obsessed with its games? It holds the classic games in the GBA slot, and n64 remakes in the other... plus the controls are more suited to the games.

It just strikes me as weird when people try to emulate one company's products on a competing company's console... It just makes no sense. They are both handhelds...why emulate?

I still can't see why you all don't just buy a DS? First of all, emulation is illegal. Secondly, why do you not just buy a freaking Nintendo system if you are so obsessed with its games? It holds the classic games in the GBA slot, and n64 remakes in the other... plus the controls are more suited to the games.

It just strikes me as weird when people try to emulate one company's products on a competing company's console... It just makes no sense. They are both handhelds...why emulate?

585256696[/snapback]

First of all emulation ISNT illegal, the bios and roms are.

Secondly, i own a GBA and i have SNES and Megadrive, rather than having to carry around 2 handhelds and 2 consoles it would be easier to have them all in 1 handheld on that sexy screen :p

emulation is illegal

585256696[/snapback]

Wrong.... emulation is not illegal if used properly I.E you own the console

plus theres the ROMs/games, if you own the original it should be legal/almost legal to play them on your pc/another device

No he hasnt, the DS is an overpowered calculator, arm9 67mhz and arm7 33mhz cpus, WOOOOO FEEEEEEL THE POWER

*edit* not to mention 120,000 polygons a second, the PSOne did 180,000 per second....