UXTheme Questions (new member)

Hey all, new member here. My friend referred me to this forum to get firmiliar with everything. He tried to explain what to do as best he could but I need a bit of clarifying. Any help is very much appreciated.

I haven't done anything but read a few guides and threads so I'm fresh meat so to say.

Should I, download Neowin UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1 from the sticky thread on this catageory (customizing windows)?

Reason I ask this is I'm confused, because in the files section at the bottom there is another UXTheme version, which seems to be older.

After this is done, install it and then go to Completed Visual Styles on the forum and my friend is telling me people post them there?

Once I dl a theme I extract the folder with the .msstyle file in it to Windows\Resources\Themes and be sure that the folder matches the msstyle filename?

These are basic instructions my friend gave me and I wanted to make sure they were correct before I start.

I also read in a guide that there is a manual way to do this without the UXTheme program. I didn't know if that guide was up to date because the date's showed mid-2004.

I have Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2)

Once again thanks for any help given, I'm just learning this.

Welcome to NeoWin!

And yea you must download the UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1

It's great and don't bug so mush... (never on my PC)

Edit==

Damn.. you was faster insanekiwi :p

Thanks insanekiwi for the welcome, that was actually the exact same guide I was reading before.

I just wanted some reassurance that it was the right one since the date is mid-2004.

In the guide, it gives the breakdown of what to do if your not using the UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1. Basically the program (UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1) makes steps 1-4 (referring to your guide) for you, then you go from there correct?

The UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1 worked perfect for me, I'm now using the Sustenance Visual Style and loving it. Finally I've broken out of the normal XP themes its such a relief.

Screenshot

Thanks again for all the help.

it was but we're working on an updated easier guide including serveral guides cuz my old guide is hella messy by now.

585273666[/snapback]

Ah, gotcha. :)

The UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.5.1 worked perfect for me, I'm now using the Sustenance Visual Style and loving it. Finally I've broken out of the normal XP themes its such a relief.

Screenshot

Thanks again for all the help.

585276592[/snapback]

Very nice. Welcome to Neowin!