Radio buttons, 32-bit bitmaps and scrollbars

Two things are currently annoying me. I created my own visual style by replacing bitmaps in Luna.msstyles with Resource Hacker, as one does. My radio buttons display the backgrounds, and for some odd reason, like this in the Folder Options menu in Explorer:

radiobtns.jpg

[folder options on the left, ordinary display on the right]

The background for the radio buttons is not white. It's transparent, but they show up like that. I made the 32 bit bitmaps by simply makinga 32-bit PNG in Fireworks, opening it in paint and saving it as a 24-bit bmp (in file properties, the depth is shown as 32 though). It's worked for other bitmaps, particularly for my logon screen. I've also changed the colour hints in the msstyle's textfile so that they are related, but that seems to have little or nothing to do with it.

The second thing is the scrollbars in firefox. I've asked about this in Firefox forums and no-one seems to be able to help:

scrolbar.jpg

Why do they display like that? For other themes with scrollbars that follow the same pattern (a thin column within the track).

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Gecko4

I had the same problem ....

The solution is here : http://www.gfxoasis.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11906

585279828[/snapback]

Cheers, good link. But I don't use or have Style Builder or GIF movie gear, only Resource Hacker. I have done the following and none seem to work:

1. Save as PNG32, open in mspaint and save as BMP24.

2. Save as PNG24 in PS "for web", open in mspaint, save as BMP24.

3. Open a PNG32 in an icon editor and save as BMP24.

None work. As Marvilla said in gfxOasis, the transparent bits should show up as black, but in my bmps they're white. I'm lost.

edit: I've tried importing PNG24s and PNG32s into GMG and exporting into BMP, but to no avail.

Edited by Gecko4

Well, I solved it in case anybody cares. I was making using a 71 dpi canvas for some odd reason. The bitmaps have to be 32-bit 96 dpi bitmaps.

No-one know about the scrollbars thing?

Well, I solved it in case anybody cares. I was making using a 71 dpi canvas for some odd reason. The bitmaps have to be 32-bit 96 dpi bitmaps.

No-one know about the scrollbars thing?

585286054[/snapback]

The problem with the scrollbars is because of the xpi interface of firefox/mozilla. You have to set the content margins to zero. I do not know how to do it using Resource Hacker, but you might have better luck with TGTSoft's freeware ResBuild software, or just use StyleBuilder in a free trial.