PArtition Magic 8.05 Error! XMNT2002.exe

Question

hi guys

i have a Partition that i don't used at all, it's empty and it's 30GB. i wane to merge it with my other partition, using partition Magic 8.05. i tried doing it using the Merge Partition Wizard, and when i click apply to asks me to restart.

when i restart, after windows Boot screen, Partition magic says :

""xmnt2002.exe

PartionMagic is unable to read the batch file. Verify that the system32 directory is not compressed or corrupt""

i tried reinstalling PM but didn't help. run chkdsk on my drives but didn't help. does anyone know how to fix this problem?

7 answers to this question

Try the boot floppy if you have it. Otherwise, try to boot with the disk as a slave in another system and backup the files. Then you'll need to reinstall you OS. :(

I have had nothing but problems with Partition Magic. You're probably going to find that it has corrupted your entire partition when you next check it. Partition Magic is very particular about the conditions of the drives which it marks as unreadable. I suggest you switch to a new partitioning program as soon as possible. Personally, I found Acronis Disk Director to be the best for my needs.

hehe you are lucky or im not. i was used it on my winxp sp1 2-3 times and allway got problems on boot.. i have a western digital 160gb 8mb cache i dont know if is it... when i use the rescue floppy kit i never got problems.

I have user versions 6, 7 and 8.02 of Partitionmagic and it has NEVER failed or disappointed me.

Cant say the same for this new version though.. since it's become "Norton PartitionMagic" now

fixed the problem. the problem was that my windows delets the Temp file when shutting down, and that's where PM writes the batch file so i ran the program in safe mod and everything went fine, thanx guys