I can't write Japanese in Pangya... please help!

I think this may be more a problem with my IME rather than with the game, but I'm not sure. Every time I try to write in Japanese in Pangya, my IME automatically switches to Direct Input rather than Hiragana, which is what I need it on. I've gone over the settings umpteen times, and see absolutely nothing wrong. I've got it set to Hiragana as default, but whenever I click on the Pangya window, it always switches back.

Does ANYBODY have any idea what I can do to fix this? I'd love to be able to actually speak to the players in something other than romaji...

Thanks!

Mine work fine. I know that you said that there's nothing wrong with your settings, but just in case...

I just checked, and mine are set to:

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages Tab > Details > Settings Tab >

Under Installed Services, I added:

Microsoft IME Standard 2002 ver. 8.1

Microsoft Natural Input 2002 ver. 8.1

You can also check the Advanced Key Settings (Change Key Settings) and make sure your hotkeys for your language options aren't interfering with your input. I had this problem with some hotkeys for programs I used. I just disabled it altogether.

Hopefully that helps.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've got. Still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Do you have anything checked underneath the "Advanced" tab in the "Text Services and Input Languages" window?