How does this work?

I was looking at screenshots of PSP games on gamespot, because I was curious about the graphics on PSP, and I ran into some 'wipeout' pictures.

Pretty amazing if you ask me.. That is, if these are actual PSP screenshots...

huge1.jpg

huge2.jpg

I'm just wondering how they can get full-quality 1024X580 screens (with no evidence of resizing. Look at the clean lines of the polygonal edges), when the PSP only supports and runs a resolution of 480X272?

normalsize.jpg

i don't know but those graphics do seem amazing however i have had a glance at Dynasty Warriors on the PSP and it does look nice.

i don't know but those graphics do seem amazing however i have had a glance at Dynasty Warriors on the PSP and it does look nice.

585775799[/snapback]

I highly doubt it's running at 1024X272 though. The screen itself only supports 480x272

Not sure but maybe it's just a dev-kit version screenshots released by the guys which is somehow downsized for the final PSP version. Or the PSP has a screenshot mode or some other palava :pinch:.

Let me get this straight. Theres a PSP emulator? :o

585776221[/snapback]

No, there isn't. The closest thing you could call an "emulator" is the development kit that Sony sent out to all the game companies.

Yes, the development kit includes a fully functional, albeit slow, emulator. It's hardly something available to the general public though.

585776398[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that something so widely distributed is going to be leaked sooner or later.