Xbox 360/PC Quake 4 FIRST ingame shot

Someone already posted this yesterday in the Definative 360 thread

Not impressed visually, looks just like Doom III, but I'm still looking forward to this

Bloody hell i expected somthing better than this crappy Doom3 Engine wannabie... ID just give up.. Valve are on top now... Quake 1 was good quake 2 was better Quake 3 was pathetic... Quake 4 is Doom 4.

Bloody hell i expected somthing better than this crappy Doom3 Engine wannabie... ID just give up.. Valve are on top now... Quake 1 was good quake 2 was better Quake 3 was pathetic... Quake 4 is Doom 4.

585926180[/snapback]

I thought Quake 3 was good, but it was very different from Quake II. Having said that Quake 4 really isn't looking good. I remember when I first saw the Doom 3 screenshots... I was disappointed by how plastic all the characters looked; the actual release wasn't any better than I expected and Quake 4 looks to be heading that way too. :(

The Quake 3 engine was great - detailed, fasted, great organic textures (the tongue!), etc. I really don't like the Doom 3 engine. :no:

Quake 3 was pathetic...

585926180[/snapback]

the words of many a man burned on a q3 server. back to slow realism games you go. :cool:

wow im sry people i like doom 3 but the engine is no good really. that game shows it to look at the landscape its horrible.. i wouldn't waste my money on it, instead i would buy ut 2007

HL2 Strider. First the "magnet gun" or whatever in doom 3 now this. Valve wannabes they all are.

585925990[/snapback]

Actually, Doom3 had the grav gun first, it was in the leaked E3 alpha all those years back, so really you could say that Valve copied the idea from iD

All these type of threads become a stupid trollfest. All of those who bring down a hyped game end up playing it in the privacy of their bedroom anyway. It?s cool to be against the grain or whatever.

Crazy kids.

i have to say the doom engines lighting is lovely for interior areas and very low light types of games but it really can't cut it outdoors. It looks plastic :s

Actually, Doom3 had the grav gun first, it was in the leaked E3 alpha all those years back, so really you could say that Valve copied the idea from iD

585926898[/snapback]

Nope since HL2 was in production back at 1999. Before Doom 3 production.

well did Quake 3 have a story? or was it kill or be killed, and after you finish Quake 2.. it says Quake will return in Quake 3.. so i expected the next chapter, but insted of a chapter we got a another type of game. nothing to do with the classics.

can someone say HL2 strider?

585925903[/snapback]

why should one? the striders in HL2 were also nothing more than a rip off.. never seen the series "the tripods"?

-andy-

the words of many a man burned on a q3 server. back to slow realism games you go.  :cool:

585926249[/snapback]

Bahahaaha :laugh: :rofl: (Y)