Foton MSN Messenger

Woahh. I wanted this quite badly for a long time, but the lack of WIP threads and seemingly, interest, made me think it was never going to happen. But.. Two days?

Impressive. And it looks good too, particularly the buttons along the top of the conversation window. No problems with making MSN use white text in the right places, I presume? And black looks far better than grey ever would. Only one small thing though; I think that the caption buttons on the contact list could do with being a few pixels higher. They look a little close to the display name/display picture section there.

You know people are going to be asking for an Antimatter version of this too, right?

I didnt even know about the Antimatter version until you just mentioned it. :)

I like the black background too. Not to worry about the text, everything is taken care of there. The hardest thing is making a scrollbar that is suitable for both a black background and an off-white one.

I'll keep you all updated, but like I said, it wont be long before you can use it.

That looks awesome :D

I see what you mean about the background, maybe texture the black a bit or a dark grey. By texture I mean something like adding some diagonal scan lines or something subtle so that it still keeps it's flavour.

If you want it done just PM me. Wouldnt want to create any extra work for you ;)

EDIT: maybe something like the attached image

post-60033-1117333485.jpg

Edited by plati

That looks awesome :D

I see what you mean about the background, maybe texture the black a bit or a dark grey. By texture I mean something like adding some diagonal scan lines or something subtle so that it still keeps it's flavour.

If you want it done just PM me. Wouldnt want to create any extra work for you ;)

EDIT: maybe something like the attached image

585984161[/snapback]

Horrible idea

Foton is smooth, not "textured"

Horrible idea

Foton is smooth, not "textured"

585984272[/snapback]

The pure black just seems a little harsh in such large sizes :huh:

EDIT: btw, whats the antimatter version?

Edited by plati

Wh0a! I like it...and since foton is still the VS of my choice I will use this skin as soon as it gets out :D

Good work!

This is one of the cool parts of the skin. See how there are three black dots under the "Send" button. The far left one toggles that toolbar that you mentioned, making the buttons appear/dissapear.

Poooooooooooooost the download link come on! :p Great looking skin! Maybe a dark blue gradient for the bg? Not sure it fits in with the theme (using it now.. and been using it 4ever =p) but *shrugs* post it! :p

comeon release.. :D

my only question would be what does the taskbar icon look like?