Resident Evil Remake For DS

This would mark the SECOND time this game is remade :p

Maybe they'll do it another time next generation, the RE4 view in full 3D looking uber pretty ;)

This would mark the SECOND time this game is remade :p

Maybe they'll do it another time next generation, the RE4 view in full 3D looking uber pretty ;)

586167290[/snapback]

Ya but the PS2 graphics for RE4, is the equivelent of poo :s :unsure: :woot:

i dont think this has been confirmed yet, but dont let me stop u buying a DS.

im not sure about Resident Evil on a handheld, i like my big tv with surround sound, i dont think it would b at all scary on a DS (or a PSP for u sony lovers)

but ill be getting my DS when Mario Kart is out anyway and if this gets gd reviews then i might get it.

I am concerned about the graphics. Resident Evil is known for stunning 3D effects and zombies and other creatures won't look as terrifying. I own a DS, but wouldn't this game be better for the PSP??

I am concerned about the graphics. Resident Evil is known for stunning 3D effects and zombies and other creatures won't look as terrifying. I own a DS, but wouldn't this game be better for the PSP??

586175071[/snapback]

Well since DS has proven capable of N64ish gfx vs the earlier system, Playstation which hosted the original RE. I'm sure it could revert to those gfx at worst. With new tech tho, I bet they get nearly ps2 gfx, just a guess. if optimized properly, and lower res of course :p

With new tech tho, I bet they get nearly ps2 gfx, just a guess. if optimized properly, and lower res of course :p

586177506[/snapback]

Heh, no way in hell they could get that on a DS. Might be able to on a PSP, but definitely not on a DS.

Of course, I do think the DS is a piece of crap, so I might be slightly biased. :happy:

Still, though, I sincerely doubt that the DS has the hardware to get anywhere near PS2 graphics. First-gen DS games looked roughly on par with N64 graphics. I'd say that the most they can squeeze out of the system would be something resembling late-generation N64, or slightly better.

Heh, I misread the title as "Resident Evil Remake for DOS"

586167306[/snapback]

Haha :laugh:!

I'm starting to regret selling my DS :unsure:.

Heh, no way in hell they could get that on a DS. Might be able to on a PSP, but definitely not on a DS.

Of course, I do think the DS is a piece of crap, so I might be slightly biased.  :happy:

Still, though, I sincerely doubt that the DS has the hardware to get anywhere near PS2 graphics. First-gen DS games looked roughly on par with N64 graphics. I'd say that the most they can squeeze out of the system would be something resembling late-generation N64, or slightly better.

586178193[/snapback]

You're silly! :rofl:

Compare Super Mario 64 on both systems, then say which one is better. The DS is currently pulling off late-gen N64 graphics, and has a chance to evolve even more, especially since the carts can get bigger.

Compare Super Mario 64 on both systems, then say which one is better. The DS is currently pulling off late-gen N64 graphics, and has a chance to evolve even more, especially since the carts can get bigger.

586178524[/snapback]

Oh, I definitely agree the SM64 on the DS is nicer looking than SM64 on the N64. I mean, I think it can get graphics better than the N64 (I guess I didn't make that clear enough in my post), but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near the PS2 in terms of quality. Still, like I said, I'm a PSP guy, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. :happy:

586178524[/snapback]

Wow, maybe it is just me then that thinks the N64 still looks slightly better than the DS on Super Mario 64. The first thing I noticed when playing my friend's DS was the fire on the walls in the basement (looked kinda flaky?). When playing I could never get the full sense that this was N64 quality. Once Nintendo pulls off a game that shows the capability of the DS and maybe we can get an idea of what RE4 would look like. I loved Nintendo up until the N64 (tons of fun), so this just isn't a PSP fanboy or anything.

Screw DS and Nintendo. They haven't put out a good console since N64. Although I love RE4 and play it on my friend's Gamecube, I'll be buying it for PS2 in November.