English Xbox 360 Price?!

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/games/xbox/xbox_3..._for__and_16340

"Xbox 360 on sale for ?400

Play.com slaps Microsoft?s next-gen giant with a whopping price tag and lists a launch date. It?s unofficial, but is it on the money?

Play.com is now taking pre-orders for Xbox 360, and has pasted the powerhouse console with an equally titanic price tag of ?400.

Microsoft has yet to officially unveil its price-point for the machine. However, considering Xbox boss J Allard recently stated that Xbox 360 should cost in the region of $300 (?165), it?s tough to believe that the final sticker price could possibly be as steep as Play.com?s listing. Especially considering that no mainstream console since the birth of PlayStation has cost more than ?300 at launch.

Unsurprisingly, Xbox 360 has jumped into the company?s number-one slot of best-selling pre-order products. It?s also posted a launch date of 29 November 2005, which seems a much likelier listing than its pricing details, with Microsoft hoping to launch the machine globally around the ?holiday? season (Thanksgiving), which falls on 24 November."

i hope that worked...but jesus, thats a bit erm...hefty? i calculated that if it was $400 it would cost about ?225, (inc. HD) but probably put to ?250 with game included.

If that is the real price then i will wait for that :wacko: down...ALOT. :wacko:

PS: report on 31st May 2005, i know its old, but i just found it in favourites. And yes, this is pure speculation. As M$ have confirmed nothing, however i do think my guess will be pretty close to the final price.

Edited by sharpy2k4

Companies allways do this when a price has not been announced. They stick a silly overhiked price when there hasnt been a official announcment to take advanced orders on it.

Play were taking psp pre-orders at ?200 before an announcement then adjusted the price after the official word from Sony.

^ umm....

400.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 708.011 USD United States Dollars

or

400.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 858.725 CAD Canada Dollars

i was reading in the definitive xbox 360 thread, in USD it would cost around $400 dollars, that where i goot my translation from, NOT the other way round eg ?400 into USD. im sure it will come down, im just sayin why would companies put on such a high overhead when it will quite blatantly be lowered. Im happy for it to be ?250, inc HD and optional features and maybe even a bundled game.

You know what..wait till the damm consoles come out or intill the two companies say how much it will be... :p

I say US$360.00 and GB?299.99

586309273[/snapback]

no way.otherwise i'd rather import one thank you very much.

$360 = ?200 i'd import it and save myself about ?100 cheers xD