Unamed Christmas Theme

Here it is.. before you look at the screenshot... remember that it's a WIP...and try not to be thrown off by the extremely bright colors, as the theme is actually very usable, but understandably ONLY for the holiday season. The reason i made this is because of the lack of Holiday themes...there haven't been any really usable christmas themes ever made to my knowledge, so hopefully this one will last at least through this season.

*side note* before anyone starts saying "it looks like blah blah blah"

I used Luna Element as a base for the theme.. as you can tell by the caption buttons.. and yes, i have permission to do so, and alot of things you see in the screenshot such as button, tabs, tray arrow.. have not been edited yet...

xmas8uf.th.jpg

*UPDATES*

Beta 2 - Removed Stars on Caption bars

Edited caption bars for noticeable active/inactive status and added New stars.

Lightened Buttons and Tabs for easier viewing of black text

Added Background images for folders

Changed Scrollbars to more closely match the style

Fixed Glowing text issue being too bright in some areas.

Added New alternative shellstyle.

Fixed Flash button on taskbar to be more noticeable.

BETA 2

*NOTES*

you MUST install the included font before using, or your name on the start panel may be all screwy. Also, please PLEASE post any bugs you find here so i can get the final release completed.

also... a post of the logon that i completed.. will be included in the final version.

logon2ny.th.jpg

586815295[/snapback]

Edited by Bubbabyte

I actually like it.  The colors and theme work for me.  I hope you find the guy so you can use the icons.

586793280[/snapback]

i know.. i can't locate his email or anyone that knows his email or any contact info at all. And i really hate to remove the image in the shellstyle because it fits so well.

That is one of the cleanest and most usable holiday themes I've ever seen. Nice job :yes:

586793297[/snapback]

That's what I thought to. I don't think the colors are to bright, they seem really good. Would be cool to see some snow someware though, might be to much to ask, difficoult to do, so don't take it as a request.

That's what I thought to. I don't think the colors are to bright, they seem really good. Would be cool to see some snow someware though, might be to much to ask, difficoult to do, so don't take it as a request.

586793318[/snapback]

i'm playing with some ideas in photoshop now.. so hopefully we'll see a little snow somewhere.. heh

I'd so use that looks great! Maybe hav some snow on the start button or the Start Menu along the top, below just a quick thing show u wat i mean!

snow1ia.jpg

586793703[/snapback]

yeah i thought about that.. i just don't want it turning out to be like a cluttered WB theme... but i'll mess around with it and see what happens.

I've been looking for a good christmas theme and I've found it in this one! Anyone know when it's going to be released?

586793778[/snapback]

there is no set date yet.. but i've been working pretty steady on it.. once i finish, then i have to port it to WB... i dont want to set any expectations other than a few weeks before christmas at the absolute latest.. but then again it could be next week.. i'm not really sure, but as i said, because there are no xmas themes available of good quality.. i kinda want to make sure this one does the job and has a long life...

Very nice. I love Christmas, and this is the only Christmas VS I've seen that I really like.

Please keep us posted, and plz don't take too long, I'd really like to use it, both at wrok and at home.