Firefox 1.5 will be out today

Firefox 1.5 will be released today. Most localized builds are ready. Just waiting on 3 server side fixes, release notes, start page redirect and addons.mozilla.org links for extensions to get more info. All easy fixes, then upload the builds and then trigger auto update. Remember could take up to 24 hours until your firefox checks for updates (only Firefox 1.5 beta 2, rc1 and rc2 users)...so manually go to Help->Check for updates.

Check here for release:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/

once this folder is created, release will be within two hours or so.

or a few hours after these are fixed.

Edited by supernova_00

btw changes since RC2

315189 [Core:DOM: HTML]-Loading this url crashes [@ nsHTMLDocument::MatchLinks] Camino and Firefox [All] Yahoo! Mail

316025 [Core:Plug-ins]-Crash at allaccess.com [@ nsBlockFrame::ReflowDirtyLines] [All] MySpace and other page crasher which accounted for 20% of all RC2 crashers

313335 [Core]-Update the URL bar before showing security warnings.[All]

243270 [Core:Editor]-Drags from HTML editor windows fail [OS/]

310201 [Core:Widget: OS/2]-D&D: dropped text is double-spaced [OS/]

Edited by supernova_00

If you are on 1.0.X you will get the notification button in the toolbar and you will have to do the full update. Just like how the security updates are from like 1.0.6 to 1.0.7...which really sucks. But after you guys get 1.5 you won't have to worry about that and firefox will get updated a hell of a lot more. Security fixes within hours via binary patching...also same for releases.

Excellent news, I can't wait for the auto update feature even though I have never seen it and WANT to see it in action.

I have RC2, its just that its too tempting to just go to Help>Check For Updates and do it. I want to see it happen automatically without any user intervention.

oh ok, in that case firefox checks for an update every 24 hours. now depending on how you have you settings in options menu, firefox could check tomorrow morning, download 1.5, and on next restart update. or you could get notification that update is out, ask what you want to do, then so on. so it depends on your settings.

Can i have a download link for firefox RC2 and can i just do an update or have i got to transfere settings ect?

586813102[/snapback]

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...eleases/1.5rc2/

Uninstall firefox first (your profile will be fine) and install 1.5rc2. Becuase updating from 1.0.7 to 1.5 becuase of the way 1.0.x updates will do the same thing.

Excellent, coolbeans (Y)

586813103[/snapback]

yep yep

Any idea how i can up-date my favorite theme (opera) cant find a update on the web and was wondering how easy it would be to do it myself, other things like adblock which i would of thought should be updated by now seeing as its so popular?