2005 TechArt Porsche 911 Carrera Police Car

2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-FA-1024x768.jpg

2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-RA-1024x768.jpg

2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-Speed-1280x960.jpg

2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-SA-1280x960.jpg

porschepoloce2005carrera7gi.png

TUNE IT! SAFE! ( www.tune-it-safe.de ) is the name of a new initiative started by the Bundesverkehrsministerium (German Federal Traffic Ministry), VDAT (Association of German Automobile Tuners) and the ESSEN-MOTOR-SHOW.

TechArt Automobildesign ( www.techart.de ) supports the new campaign aimed at increasing awareness for safe and legal tuning with the world's fastest police car. The Porsche 911 Carrera S has been completely modified by TechArt and reaches a top speed of some 300 km/h thanks to 370-hp / 272-kW performance tuning.

In addition to sporting the official green police markings and the light bar on the roof the world's fastest police car is also a prime example for professional automobile tuning. TechArt increases power output of the 3.8-liter flat six with the TA 097/S1 performance kit by 15 hp / 11 kW. Thus equipped the silver and green coupe accelerates from rest to 100 km/h in just 4.5 seconds and breaches the 300-km/h barrier.

To achieve even better directional stability and therefore active safety the Carrera S was fitted with a TechArt aerodynamic-enhancement kit that was tested extensively in the wind tunnel. It is joined by TechArt Formula 20-inch five-spoke wheels with 235/30 ZR 20 and 305/25 ZR 20 tires, and by the custom-calibrated TechArt Vario sport suspension with struts that are adjustable in height, bound and rebound.

In the interior an ergonomically shaped TechArt sport steering wheel with airbag ensures a safe handle on the performance.

Source

fastest or no its still looks bloody nice!!!

i wouldnt mind being a cop driver for that one :p

and german police polizei cars has nicer colors then italians.

Stunning! I love 911's!

Porsche can keep the Cayman and the Cayenne though as far as i'm concerned.. bleurgh! ;)

The 911's look drool worthy, lol. Could to see someone is stepping up to the plate. How do you expect to catch a speeder if you cant match his speed. (:drool: :drool::drool: at Porche 911)

I thought theyd use some smaller lights for it too. I remember when WRX's were outrunning the aussie cop cars, and the cops were looking at getting some WRX's, they couldnt make it feasible because putting the flashing lights on the top slowed it down so the advantage of a faster car was negligible.

Unmarked police cars here have lights in the front grille - you can only see them if you really look closely. Well, until they come on and the lights start blaring of course ;)

One way to tell that goverment is charging way tooo much for tax.

I disagree. Sometimes these cars are given as donations to the police force anyway - but not only that, but I believe that money should be spent where its needed. Whats the point in there being a police force if all the bad guys need are fast cars to get away from them? If the bad guys have fast cars, then the police should get a Porsche to keep up with them. Its fair enough in my tax paying eyes.

German and Dutch police have used 911's from the 60's, it's hardly a waste of tax payers money, as there are still sizeable portions of unrestricted autobahns to patrol.

It also acts as a good PR tool and deterant.

Now try to escape...

It's need for speed!

Its just like

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

more like

Need for Speed:Real Life

Wouldnt want to steal some crap/ok car and then try and out run the 911 :laugh: