Bye Bye Mac Mini

I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

FIC's The Golden Gate Entertainment PC

FIC made a nice showing at CES unveiled tonight with more than just motherboards. They premiered some very cool new laptops, but the most interesting thing was the GE2, The Golden Gate Entertainment PC. This was by far one of the coolest new things I saw there today. The GE2 is extremely small is size with dimensions of 226x172x42 (mm) and weighs in at just 1.3kg. When I first saw it I thought it was another hard drive enclosure, it is that small. It features an Intel Yonah Dual-Core CPU, and Intel 945gm Chipset, supports ddr2 mem, embedded Intel 945gm graphics and Intel Pro Wireless. Price should be under $1000 depending on configuration with 2nd quarter avaibility.

-- Source

The key points:

* Intel Yonah Dual-Core CPU (now known as the Intel Core Duo Processor)

* Intel 945gm Chipset

* Support for DDR2 memory

* Embedded Intel 945gm graphics

* Intel Pro Wireless

All for under $1000 depending on the configuration. :woot:

Damn that thing is sexy looking...

post-32407-1136499597_thumb.jpg

post-32407-1136499611_thumb.jpg

Wow that would beat the pants off a Mac Mini...except in anything 3D...why can't Intel come up with a halfway mediocre graphics chipset?

yeah ditto on that

Edited by fred666

i dont see how this is set to compete with the mac mini since it wont run OSX.....

agreed

Edited by fred666

And whats up with all the Mac Fanboys? just because someone mentions a Mac mini and all hell breaks loose :laugh:

apparently the thread starter has the mistaken notion that a Windows box twice the price of a mini is somehow competition....go figure :laugh:

The point is that this could be a media center type pc, Which is ultra hot. I love media center so I would purchase it over a Mac mini.

I was thinking the same thing :)

the video card is crap.

You beat me to it. That's also hella expensive for the kinda crappy hardware it has in it.