Steve Jobs, to preview leopard at Macworld

I'm not a big fan of mac's but I do use them. A friend of mine was told by a friend of his that Steve Jobs will be previewing Leopard and even give people a shipping date. I not asking people to belive me but I do know that this friend of his works for apple.

"I just wanted to share what I heard so stop quoting, Belive me or not it's all up to you. I'm not asking you to belive me."

-We will all see tom. just remember me if it's ture and you'll see.

Edited by TuxLenix

can't wait. Apple owns if u ask me.

I will preorder it right away. i also heard about that there will be a new webdevelopment program build by apple. Couldnt be better!

Yeah I cant wait till Macworld either this is my first year with a Mac. It would be very interesting if they preview Leopard I wonder what they are working on to blow Vista out of the water?

@kiall,you will most like have to do a clean install of your OS X - I don't know how well a new OS X revision copes with archive and install. Has anyone done that when they upgraded from Panther (10.3) ?

@kiall,you will most like have to do a clean install of your OS X - I don't know how well a new OS X revision copes with archive and install. Has anyone done that when they upgraded from Panther (10.3) ?

i would quite like o no because i have onyl had my mac for a couple months now

you have 3 options

Archive -> Install

Format -> Install

Upgrade -> Install

I have done "Upgrade -> Install" on my old Mac and no problems at all. with my new mac it was a clean install of Tiger also no options or anything different over my upgrade on my older Mac so I think it handles it all fine.

It's just like a paid service pack, they whack in some useless features and charge 90 pounds. Nothing to blow 'vista' out.

Funny to see you mention that when there's not even a feature list out.

Funny to see you mention that when there's not even a feature list out.

How much can they really change? The layout of Finder? Make every Aqua app recolored to coincide with iTunes? Add some more widgets? Few new applications? OS X in its current incarnation is about as good as it's going to get. It's pretty close to perfection, whereas when Vista comes out...theres a *lot* MS could improve from XP.

It's just like a paid service pack, they whack in some useless features and charge 90 pounds. Nothing to blow 'vista' out.

i lol'd

How much can they really change? The layout of Finder? Make every Aqua app recolored to coincide with iTunes? Add some more widgets? Few new applications? OS X in its current incarnation is about as good as it's going to get. It's pretty close to perfection, whereas when Vista comes out...theres a *lot* MS could improve from XP.

Your time at Neowin has ended, bye.

Radish?

Umm hardly, OS X already blows vista out as you put it and Leopard has the potential for a brand new reengineered finder, enhanced virtual desktops, even faster user switching, an enhanced GUI among other things. The features vista offers are simply catching up to what Tiger already offers and Leopard will just increase the gap that already exists. But lets not make this a vista vs leopard thread, no need for that. I just can't wait for tomorrow, whatever happens, it's going to rock our worlds as usual.