PowerDVD 7 Skins

X-Fi Skins for PowerDVD 7 (click on image to download)

X-Fied.jpg

PowerDVD 7 Skinpack - Black Edition (click on image to download)

Black%20Edition.jpg

PowerDVD 7 Skinpack - White Edition (click on image to download)

White%20Edition.jpg

Differences between these and the default skins (Mercury & Onyx):

Removed: DVD logo, Feature Icons, Cyberlink logo's, Colour themes & the Upgrade button.

Smaller Taskbar Mode -> PDVD7taskbar2.jpgPDVD7taskbar1.jpg

Changed the AutoHideDuration (Fullscreen) to 1000 (= 1 second) instead of 3000, replaced the Backgrounds,

changed the Step backward and Step forward buttons and commands to Rewind and Fast forward.

You can still use the Step backward and Step forward buttons in the Undocked Player Panel and the Control

Wheel Mode or by using the Shortcut Keys: Ctrl+B (Step backward) and T (Step forward).

Install: Copy the dll files to "%ProgramFiles%\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Skins" open PowerDVD,

select the User Interface Tab in the Configuration Screen, select a skin from the list and click OK.

Edited by Herby

Nice skins.

Where did you get the picture in the sixth skin?

From Pixelgirl Presents.

? ?vaoni_stock_dt_tmb.jpgUpdate:b> I've changed the Step backward and Step forward buttons from all skins to Rewind and Fast forward.

You can still use the Step backward and Step forward buttons in the Undocked Player Panel and the Control Wheel Mode or by using the Shortcut KeysCtrl+Bb> (Step backward) anTb> (Step forward).

Doesnt work for me. If i drop the .dll in the skins folder, nothing. If a make a folder for it like the others, powerdvd crashes when I access the configuration.

Doesnt work for me. If i drop the .dll in the skins folder, nothing. If a make a folder for it like the others, powerdvd crashes when I access the configuration.

These skins are for PowerDVD 7, they are not compatible with PowerDVD 6 & older.

Update: I've updated the buttons from all skins to reflect the command changes (Rewind and Fast forward).

Old: post-20663-1149555454.jpg New: post-20663-1149555464.jpg

Would it be too much work to make a light alternative to the new PartyMode skin? That would be awsome, and match my overall theme more. Thanks.

Check Post #1 :)

i want the Oj skins wall paper !

Which one?! :blink:

This is a Batman PowerDvd7 skin I made using the help in this forumn, Thanks a lot for the guides, and the pointers. I left the multicolor aspect of the skin alone but changed the buttons, and logos to better match the skin. The glasses and dvd logo are also removed.

post-170565-1150689795.jpg

post-170565-1150689809.jpg

Is this the area where I can post the zip with the skin? If not could someone link me to where I can.

Edited by DBCAB

Hi,

Love the skins, but I actually do prefer the Step Forward and Step Back controls on the Toolbar and prefer to use the mouse wheel for Fast Forward and Rewind, so is there a way for me to change those buttons back on any of your skins?

Thanks!

I've added 2 black skins (Earth's City Lights & Not Alone).

Hi,

Love the skins, but I actually do prefer the Step Forward and Step Back controls on the Toolbar and prefer to use the mouse wheel for Fast Forward and Rewind, so is there a way for me to change those buttons back on any of your skins?

Thanks!

Welcome to Neowin! :)

Open the skin with a Resource Hacher and replace Skin.xml with this one (attached zip).

Skin.xml.zip

I've added 2 black skins (Earth's City Lights & Not Alone).

Welcome to Neowin! :)

Open the skin with a Resource Hacher and replace Skin.xml with this one (attached zip).

Okay, I opened the skin in Resource Hacker but I was sure how to replace Skin.xml with the one attached. I did Action-Replace Resource and chose the skin.xml downloaded. For Resource Type I put XML and for Resource Name I put SKIN.XML. I opened PowerDVD and this did not work when I chose the skin, it got an error. Did I do it wrong?

The error says "Skin script file error: C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\skins\Lightning.dll

Error Code 0xc00ce508

Error Message: An invalid character was found in text content."

When you click OK, it comes up with another message says, "Skin script file error: C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\Skins\Lightning.dll\Resource.xml.

The error code 0x80070003 is undefined."

Edited by lordkinbote

Hi,

After I tried all this, PowerDVD wouldn't open until I replaced the new skin with the original one and then I couldn't play DVDs anymore. It stayed in File Mode and would try to read the DVD as media files and, for some reason, that would not play. I had to end up reinstalling PowerDVD 7. It plays correctly now, but it wiped out all the downloaded skins so I have to put them back into the Skins directory. Anyway, it was just kinda strange that certain side effect that I couldn't play DVDs after I tried to replace the skin.xml.