Glass Tutorial

Here you will see how nethskie and i create the WhiteFlame and MoonFlower Glass borders and logoff/shutdown screen

1. first open photoshop then open a your favorite image for example I will use this ?Drops on leaf? image.

2. Go to layer then create new layer (a transparent layer)

image18dx.jpg

3. then click the rounded rectangle tool then change it?s radius to 7px then draw a rectangle in any size like shown in this picture.

image22iu.th.jpg

4 after that go to layer>layer style>blending options then follow this pictures:

image362ya.th.jpg

Copyright of Tutorial Kaye Irene and nethskie Source Author's Page link

5. then after that click ok to apply then change the opacity to 90% and fill to 20% (or any value that suits you)

image73oa.th.jpg

6. then it?s done it?s that easy but you can save it as a separate glass png of your own just hide the view of the background ?Drops on Leaf? follow this screenshot then save it as png

image87wg.th.jpg

7. you can also add an overlay image or a light effect on the glass like the stream.png light effect or my WhiteFlame glass effect which is the one im using just click the selection using magic wand (the rounded rectangle then copy the stream.png for example) and paste it into the selection like in this screenshot

image93kh.th.jpg

8. after that choose your desired opacity for the overlay image for example 30%

image106qv.th.jpg

9. after that you can manually create a glow effect on it?s sides just draw with a colored 1px line tool or any method you like and it?s done hope it helps ^_^

post-172528-1152166472.jpg

Copyright of Tutorial Kaye Irene and nethskie Source Author's Page link

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

for step 2, how did u create a "transparent layer??

and for step 3, how did u make that rectangle? when i make it, its just a rectangle with dashed lines instead of a black box....

any help?

for step 2, how did u create a "transparent layer??

and for step 3, how did u make that rectangle? when i make it, its just a rectangle with dashed lines instead of a black box....

any help?

step 2 = Layer tab -> new layer. Color NONE - thus no color, it's transparant.

step 3 = the rounded rectangle is just below the T icon on tools. click and hold, select the rounded rectangle tool. You're selecting the dashed rectangle tool on the top left of the toolbar which is used for SELECT.

So, as you can see, it is your lack of following directions that made it fail.