Finding a Movie

Ok, this has been killing me, and nothing has been able to help.... argh!! Hopefully one have you have seen this movie.

I saw this movie a couple years ago on the Sci-Fi channel, unfornautely I don't remember the title but I do remember some details about it.

Some type of metoer or asteroid or some type of very large rock where the bulk of the mass was at the top landed (with the small pointed end on the ground) somewhere in Asia. Russia and the USA military was trying to figure out what it was. USA military wanted to Nuke the thing. However, as they were trying to nuke it, the alien made the wind around it swirl and everyone was been blown away. Whether got terrible.

And then here is a little bit else I remember: something about how the alien rock "created" man, and it didn't like what it saw and came back to wipe humans and to try again with a new set of humans. (something like that)

If anybody recognizes this movie, please let me know the title. I really want to watch it again!! (I never really finished it in the first place)

I know it's not the following:

Epic

Evolution

Virus

and IMDB hasn't really been much help either. (neither has google nor yahoo)

I know what movie your talking about it, It had a guy and a girl as the main character that have to jump into it to try and destory it. Its in mid air spinning around and around.

It had a guy and a girl as the main character that have to jump into it to try and destory it. Its in mid air spinning around and around.

Yes.

I don't remember any main characters. I just remember the few details I posted above. I believe it may have been an actually movie (like in a theater).

Disaster strikes as a specialized team of investigators struggle to find out the truth about a strange monolith which sends out an intercontinental signal?

I know what movie your talking about it, It had a guy and a girl as the main character that have to jump into it to try and destory it. Its in mid air spinning around and around.

So what's the name then??