Jericho

I just watched the new episode of Jericho and I'm still liking this show...theres alot obviously that has to be told so we know why they dropped bombs in cities and where the people are but I wondered if theres anyone else watching this still or did and got bored?

:)

Its become quite the hit down under, weve only seen 3 or so episodes but thus far most everyone watching it is finding it 'suspenceful' seems to be the popular word.

On a side note to save me pouring through the episode guides, can you give me a spoiler tag as to why they dropped the bombs?

I dont actually know why...dont think anyone knows why yet and I think you are at same pace as US so you aint missed anything :)

sorry I thought you said you knew why they dropped the bombs, anyway I assumed the map he was pinning represented the info he got off the radio in morsecode, I had guessed of places that were hit with the bomb.

sorry I thought you said you knew why they dropped the bombs, anyway I assumed the map he was pinning represented the info he got off the radio in morsecode, I had guessed of places that were hit with the bomb.

He's a bit weird because I think he knows alot more then we think he does...he was wearing that Hazmat suit and went to the garage to getting a barell and did you see those guns :s

Jericho is one of my 5 weekly shows right now (Heroes, Lost, CSI: and House, MD being the other four). I'm liking it.

As of right now, we don't know why the explosions occured. We can't even be sure the bombs were "dropped". All we know is that nuclear explosions occured in a number of US cities. Hawkins (the black guy, who was also in 'Snatch') is obviously not who he appears to be. He knows a lot about emergency situations and seems to almost be 'watching' the townsfolk as they deal with the situation they're in. I was initially thinking that he was part of whatever is going on, but he seemed genuinely surprised when he found the morse code message which indicated the other cities that were hit. However, he's also busy walling up an oil barrel in his basement (who knows what's inside), and he told his wife that the family "wasn't ready" to interact with the other townspeople at the block party.

Then there's Jake. He lied about where he's been for the past 5 years (different stories to different people). So whatever he was doing, he doesn't want anyone to know. However, he also seems pretty knowledgable, being able to give an impromptu tracheotomy to the girl on the bus and being able to execute a cave-in at the mine to save the people inside from the radiation of the rain.

The only thing I don't understand concerns the rain that fell between episodes two and three. Everyone hid thinking the rain would bring radiation. However, it appeared there was no radiation when the rain ended. However, the IRS auditor was in the hospital at the end of the episode complaining of radiation poisoning after touching the column of the town hall building. So was there radiation in the rain or not? Are they trying to say there was radiation in the rain but not in the air after the rain, because that would be a bit far-fetched.

Good show though.

Yeah I thought the radiation thing was a bit weird...she touched the building and she thought she had radiation which is interesting...the bloke Stanley who was out in rain didn't have radiation poisoning but you would think he would have because bombs nuclear ones carry radiation.

i dont know what is up with this show.. the first episode had me hooked, but after the next 2 i found it becoming quite cheesy and predictable.. not to mention the obvious "mystery" behind the black guy that seems to know everything but talks about nothing... he's obviously supposed to intrigue people, but i just find myself uninterested in anything he could have to say.

I've been watching it, although I'm kind of nervous about watching a new show after Invasion and Threshold got cancelled. It has some potential, but it still hasn't got me hooked like Lost does.

No the IRS auditor was just being a sook, all she did was touch some ash which another townsmember said was the remains of denver, yet if the geiger counters were reading no radiation then the ash wouldnt have been or wouldnt have been radioactive enough to do any harm.

im looking forward to next weeks, the preview showed some wounded guy says 'they're coming'. Look forward to finding out whose coming.

We don't actually know for sure that the explosions were nuclear, do we? It's possible that the explosions were caused by some very high-yield conventional explosives. It seems a bit unlikely due to the size of the explosions, but the lack of detected radiation... anywhere seems to be trying to suggest it.

Plus, I'd imagine that the kid standing on the roof would have gotten a nice flash of gamma radiation if he was standing there when the Denver explosion occurred.

Plus, I'd imagine that the kid standing on the roof would have gotten a nice flash of gamma radiation if he was standing there when the Denver explosion occurred.

Not to mention flash-blinded.

What I don't understand is the towns leader comes out with a Geiger counter, covering his mouth with a cloth? What? That's not how radiation works...

What I don't understand is the towns leader comes out with a Geiger counter, covering his mouth with a cloth? What? That's not how radiation works...
I think it seems justifiable if you think that there might be radioactive particulate still floating around - if there were, he'd be a lot better off in terms of exposure time if those particles were on skin where they could be washed off, and not in his lungs. Of course, I don't know if that'd hold up in a real post-nuclear apocalypse, or if it was a consideration for either the character in the fictional world or the show's writers.

They are not going to use mushroom clouds, have a korean report with radiating red centres on a map of the united states, and possibly use the story line that someone attacked, unless it was nukes. The only other possiblity maybe to explain the radiation would be neutron bombs.

In any case I guess the radiation had to be minimised as you cant have the first season of a show spending half its episodes is a bunker, a mine, and a farm house.

Just seen the preview for next week and it looks awesome...who's coming you think? the army maybe....that bloke looks pretty burnt up :s

Edited by Rappy

its a great show... on a par for me with lost and prison break; although it isnt really as good i look forward to it as much. is there any other decent new shows on in the us that i will be able to grab?

I hope the network don't cancel it because it has potential but after the first season it would be interesting to see where it goes :)

I wonder why the cities were bombed one after the other. I don't know if it's just me but I noticed the explosions getting bigger each time we'd see it. That means the cities were bombed one after the other, in some sort of pattern.

In the bar, the TV received a signal from what appeared to be some oriental news program (possibly Japanese). It showed a map of the USA and many dots with circles around them (blast radius?). I can't remember how many cities were bombed but it looked like central USA had it the worst. Odd though, you'd think the "bombers" would get all the major cities like New York City and Washington DC. Finally.. I wonder what happened to the other inmates from the bus. So far I've only seen the 2 that impersonated the cops.

By the way, I found this interesting blog about the speed of the storm from Denver to Jericho.

+ CBS + Jericho = morons