Xbox 360 Gamer Profile Corrupt?

Hey Guys,

I just turned my Xbox 360 on to play some TDU, and my Gamertag was missing. I went to the System Blade, Hard-Drive memory, Gamer Profiles, and it says my profile is corrupted. Everything else on the HDD seems to be intact, except my Gamer Profile. I tried recovering it but it gave me this error:

Can't save your profile on the selected storage device. Please make sure the device is inserted correctly and has enough free space, and then try again.

Just wondering if this means my HDD is busted and I should get it replaced, and whether I will be able to recover my save game files somehow?

Thanks.

Yeh I think i'll try that in a bit. I had a quick search and quite a few people seem to have had the same problem and have been able to sort it fine that way.

I'm still curious, and slightly worried as to what caused it though. I suppose it's a software bug rather than a hardware problem with my HDD or console?

Thanks again.

Well i've just recovered my Gamertag now, and everything seems to be fine, expect that my Test Drive: Unlimited save became corrupt in the process :(.

I don't think this is to do with the recovery process itself though, lots of people seem to be having the same problem anyway.

• 2 years later...

i could do with some help to my gaming profile is corrupt but my profile will play on my xbox but not on my friends i have deleted my profile and downloaded it from xbox live severs but it is still the same can anyone help me please